Thread: jbl 250 ti and the cable.

jbl 250 ti and the cable.

ciao ragazzi.where is the cable power and interconnects that we used with jbl 250 ticlassic.i have a big problem ,the sound of woofer is boomy.we help me .i use sw maestro of power with ml 23.5.sorry but we speak italian because .the woofer is refoaming how much time they sounding for optimal performance,bye vito,from italy.

Sorry Sgaggy but this is hard to understand!

Could you ask a english speaking friend to help here? Would be way easier.

Sgaggy spiacente ma questo č duri da capire! Potreste chiedere ad un amico anglofono di aiutare qui? Sia molto pių facile.

If the sound of the 250ti is "boomy," I can guarantee it has nothing to do with the power cable or interconnects.

The refomed woofers will be broken in after 2 to 8 hours of use. JBL uses 2 hours, but thats with continuous sinewave.

I play the local bass-boosted rap music radio station overnight to break in woofers.

[In the garage. ]

I would agree with the above statements; if a 250Ti is boomy, after the woofers have been broken in properly, it's probably much more of a matter of the placement of the speaker, in-room, than it is a matter of cabling.

Sometimes even very small changes in room placement (moving the speaker further from a corner or a wall a few inches) can make the difference, in breaking up a "room mode boom". With even a small shift in position, the speaker can react with the dimensions of the room differently, and have a different set of standing-wave interactions with the room acoustics. These can make for significant differences in the percieved bass "voicing".

I'd try moving the speakers around just a bit, before trying a "patchwork" solution such as a cable with non-flat tonal characteristics. It's much better to solve the acoustic problem, that to try and mask it with other "tricks"...

Regards,
    Gordon.

thank you ,i understand ,ciao ragazzi.

Thread Information