Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Where are you generally located?

Quote Originally Posted by morbo!

but the only trophy i have is for archery
    Unless they start giving a trophy for trying to raise my kids, or for loving music and JBL's,I'll never get one.
    Bicycles are the best! What could be more fun? Oh yeah, sex.

East Peoria

Hi Ducatista;

A friend of mine lives in East Peoria, his name is Preston Searl. Up until last year he had a band called One51 and played mostly around the Peoria area......thought you might have heard of him.

Dougie

peoria

it reminds me of that family guy eppisode where peter made petoria
    and invaded the neibours pool
    http://www.medpot.net/forums/

daily volcano demo`s
    find out the truth
    tell`em morbo sent you

mention lansing heritage for 10% off

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie
    Hi Ducatista;

A friend of mine lives in East Peoria, his name is Preston Searl. Up until last year he had a band called One51 and played mostly around the Peoria area......thought you might have heard of him.

Dougie
    Thanks for the tip, Dougie. I'm afraid I don't get out much, but I'll check around. The fact is, the only local band I know of is because a guy I worked with is in it. I saw a beautiful young fan trying to get with him one night, at work no less; besides being better than anything I've ever seen in the movies, it made me realize we are all in the wrong line of work...
    BTW, your avatar is outstanding!

Clark in Peoria

Quote Originally Posted by morbo!
    it reminds me of that family guy eppisode where peter made petoria
    and invaded the neibours pool
    My Son is my source in all matters Family Guy, he'll hunt it up for me. My faves are Stewie and the dog.

lol yup
    and the one
    where they move to the south and do the dukes of hazzard thing thats a RIOT!

oh and fry`s 100 cups of coffee is nearlly the funniest thing i ever seen!
    along with leala bean machine hell there all great grab a season (futurama) and laugh your self stupid

king of the hill
    cat fistin
    (connies parents become rednecks)

dog dancing
    (bill`s rottweiler)

grillstraviganza
    (bill goes ballooning)
    http://www.medpot.net/forums/

daily volcano demo`s
    find out the truth
    tell`em morbo sent you

mention lansing heritage for 10% off

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47
    Thanks for the tip, Dougie. I'm afraid I don't get out much, but I'll check around. The fact is, the only local band I know of is because a guy I worked with is in it. I saw a beautiful young fan trying to get with him one night, at work no less; besides being better than anything I've ever seen in the movies, it made me realize we are all in the wrong line of work...
    BTW, your avatar is outstanding!

Clark in Peoria
    Thanks Ducatista47. In case you don't know, the avatar is a pic from the JBL Sessions album cover from years ago. I used to have a copy of that album but has since vanished from my collection. I wish their was a CD re-issue of it, but JBL would have no reason to do so as it was brought out to demo the older vintage loudspeakers.

There used to be a sound shop in Toronto that I used to hang out at during the late 70's called The Stereo Sound Shop. It was located on Eglington Ave. just a block east of Yonge Street if anyone on this forum from the Toronto area remembers it. I used to listen to that album on the L-100's and L-200's. I couldn't afford the speakers at the time.......so I bought the album instead LOL.

Dougie

Reviving this thread

I thought I'd revive this thread about member's general geographic location. It's pretty cool that there has been so many recent new members coming on board with questions, comments, etc.

Please list in your User CP what part of the world you're located. This place has become quite global and we like to know what part of the world your posting from.

Thanks very much
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    I thought I'd revive this thread about member's general geographic location. It's pretty cool that there has been so many recent new members coming on board with questions, comments, etc.

Please list in your User CP what part of the world you're located. This place has become quite global and we like to know what part of the world your posting from.

Thanks very much
    Yes, everyone please let us know on what part of the planet you are putting pen to papyrus.

Seems to me this thread might be moved to off topic / non audio. It does not strike me as a forum issue, or any kind of issue at that.

Superbee seems to have a very interesting location. It seems to be in all of our neighborhoods somewhere... And I wouldn't use "issue" in connection with his membership reference.

Clark in Peoria, Illinois
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

paragon

Small

The world is small if you use the net.
    Und wieviel Spaß macht es doch mit Leuten aus andern Kontinenten zu kommunizieren und Erfahrungen auszutauschen !!!

Eckhard

I noticed we have several members located between KC and St, Louis
    maybe some of us could get together and have a bash.

winnipeg manitoba----------i was out but they dragged me back in

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie
    Thanks Ducatista47. In case you don't know, the avatar is a pic from the JBL Sessions album cover from years ago. I used to have a copy of that album but has since vanished from my collection. I wish their was a CD re-issue of it, but JBL would have no reason to do so as it was brought out to demo the older vintage loudspeakers.

There used to be a sound shop in Toronto that I used to hang out at during the late 70's called The Stereo Sound Shop. It was located on Eglington Ave. just a block east of Yonge Street if anyone on this forum from the Toronto area remembers it. I used to listen to that album on the L-100's and L-200's. I couldn't afford the speakers at the time.......so I bought the album instead LOL.

Dougie
    From Memory:

"Your about to hear a set of loudspeaker specifications!

Now, that's unusual, but at JBL ...."

That narrator always sounded remarkably like Leonard Nimoy to me .

Loved the tunes on it - had a cassette copiy of to play in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by paragon
    The world is small if you use the net.
    Und wieviel Spaß macht es doch mit Leuten aus andern Kontinenten zu kommunizieren und Erfahrungen auszutauschen !!!

Eckhard
    Sehr zutreffend ist es erstaunlich, was das Internet und die Foren so für uns getan haben

Where are you generally located?

generally located in a chair next to the "silly box"....Oh , you mean where live ?

California refugee ( from a crappy little place called Santa Barbara ) now in Portland, Orygun. (lots of rain , trees and taxes , but lots of used audio gear too)
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information