I just got a solo 4425 from an Ebay buy from Herber Utah, a June buy ... so I can have a good surround setup at long last. I thought I was getting a like new model... but looks like it isn't like new... not close. Well, now I feel like the dog that caught the car and I am not sure of the condition of the car ... or if it has the right engine/trannie/etc.
I got it w/o the woofer so If anyone has a 2214 H they want to sell that has surrounds in great condition, please drop a line.
As for the compression tweeter... I have my doubts... What looks like a metal mesh screen (dust cover?) on my current pair (they are great) is not flush with the biradials opening on the solo speaker. The solo has it located about two inches into the horn's hole and the screen is more transparent ... behind the screen is something black, that restricts the opening to the center of the driver. the opening is about .25" with a silver/titanium metal shine. Is that the correct driver
Q1. I am guessing that I need to remove the biradial horn to access the HF driver? Is that just a matter of using hex drivers to remove the horn?
Q2. I am also guessing that removal of the horn will allow for an ID of the HF driver? ON the back of the mag structure?
-Any special precautions I should know?
Q3. There are two wires that feed the woofer, one green (-?) and the other is whitish green with single black circling stripe (+?) Is that the correct polarity?
Any and all input welcome and appreciated.
Thanks
Don