Hello again

a year or so I bought a 2440 with a mis-alignment at the top plate.
Questions arised, how to fix it? demag it or use a hammer? Searching for companies in Norway or Sweden who could possibly demag and re-gauss it after the mis-alignment have been fixed?

It was then I got the bright idea to build my own magnetizer.

Ok, I bought parts from eBay for nothing and read the paper: Methods of Magnetizing Permanent Magnets (by Joseph J. Stupak Jr. 2000).

My magnetizer will be capable to push out 6-8 kJoules in this moment but I could get more out of it if buying more electrolytic caps at the eBay auctions.

When the magnetizer was in the step/level to funktion I made some tests. It worked and the first object to test it to was to demag the bad 2440. Yes, it was a very exiting moment when I easily could lift of the top plate at the 2440s motor.

I fixed it and re-align the top plate, well it was then the real work could take place: constructing of a magnetizing fixture (or two fixtures). But that job was hard to do because I couldnt find any relevant information when searching the internet, so I couldent figure out how to construct the fixture.

Is there anybody (eg. "rbrooks7" and "pelly3s") at this forum who have realy seen a loudspeaker magnetizing fixture or could describe it in words (inductans, ohms, turns etc).

Thanks in advance

Regards