Thread: 2123J-b Taste test

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    luxmanlover

2123J-b Taste test

I finally got a chance to give the 2123's a test. I must say I'm most impressed. They turned out to be everything I could ask for sound wise. The 2 ways in the middle of the shot used Eminence 1" CD's, which while I thought they sounded very detailed, often sounded "shouty" particulairly on female vocals and some lead guitar.
    I first tried the 2123's crossing them at 300 from the 2235's in the yard sub and 1600 over to Eminence, that didn't make much of a difference. A bunch of combo's later I tried crossing them over much higher, at 6000Hz, into the 1" CD, what an improvement. The sound became much warmer and mellower and still had improved detail over the horn/cd combo! I was quite shocked. Turning up the top end slightly made still another improvement, (gotta love active crossovers). My golden eared girlfreind could hear the difference immediately and actually made exactly the same observations without me even giving her my impressions. I can hardly wait to set it up in the house again.
    Kelly
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information