Thread: current drivers?

current drivers?

where do you get info on JBL's current drivers, ie: 1500AL and others that are in their LSR line, but they are not on their website???

JBL is no longer selling component loudspeakers to the public here in the USA. They do sell a limited number of their Pro Series drivers and those are listed on their JBLPro web site. JBL has never published the specs for their drivers that were not specifically sold as individual components. You may have luck if you make a specific inquiry with JBL, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Personally I'd love to see enough inquiries to JBL Consumer that they might reconsider offering components, but now days with most people looking to spend $300-$600 on a pair of complete speakers, there seems to be little demand for JBL's top flight components.

Since JBL is selling the 1500AL in the Japanese market there is some data available there, but there will likely be language barriers.

http://www.harman-japan.co.jp/produc...ons/1500al.htm

I hope this helps.

Widget

whgeiger

JBL Component Sales

WW,

Suggested to Don that JBL components should be sold here.

Anyone searching for them will end up here looking for them anyway.

While the market is presumably small, there would be sufficient volume to make it economically attractive to a small-scale operation.

Right now most JBL components are simply 'vaporware'; so, the sales go mostly to non-JBL products, to those refurbished, or to those under the ‘tent’.

Regards,

WHG

Interesting idea... I doubt that Don would want to get involved as that would make this a commerce site and not be in keeping with Lansing Heritage's initial intent. Also, it would be great if dealing with a huge International Mega Corp. were that simple...

Widget

whgeiger

"Too Many Negative Waves"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    Interesting idea... I doubt that Don would want to get involved as that would make this a commerce site and not be in keeping with Lansing Heritage's initial intent. Also, it would be great if dealing with a huge International Mega Corp. were that simple...
    Widget
    WW,

1) "Nothing ventured, nothing gained". Until the question is asked, why speculate that the response will be negative, particularly when previous requests to JBL have been granted.

2) Find nothing stigmatizing about a commercial venture that would provide funds to maintain and grow the functionality of this web site, which JBL apparently views as beneficial.

Regards,

WHG

I don't know about the negativity... I think I know Don's perspective about this sort of thing, but I may be mistaken.

If JBL would like to venture into this realm, I'd be happy to participate. I'd be happy to promote and even run the venture. It just feels a bit small time for a company of this scale. I agree that there are individuals there that are still in love with JBL as we are, but I am not sure if they have the ear of those with the power.

Widget

RIP 2009
    And don't forget what these current individual components are likely to cost, even without some middleman profit! If you look at what they go for in Japan, I think you'd likely end up with a lot of "tire-kickers", but precious little sales...

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    And don't forget what these current individual components are likely to cost, even without some middleman profit! If you look at what they go for in Japan, I think you'd likely end up with a lot of "tire-kickers", but precious little sales...

John
    Prescient, and THAT is the undoubtable rub.

Thread Information