Thread: L3's up and running

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RIP 2009

L3's up and running

I finally got the replacement 708G-1 8" LF I needed for a set of L3's I picked up for next to nothing. The 708G-1 came from a single L5 on eBay, so now I've got other extra drivers left over...

I'm totally amazed by the sound these little speakers put out! Rock solid down to at least 40hz, and that's with no EQ! Low E literally punches you in the stomach when they're cranked - as a matter of fact, my 120 wpc receiver just went into overload shutdown a few minutes ago after going near full for the last 2 hours, and there was still no audible distortion.

I don't know how the 708G-1 compares with the 116H-2 in the 4408's but I'm sure they give it a run for the money, especially since there's so much more cabinet volume in the L3's. I also need to compare them to my L60T's, the main difference being the L60T's use the 8" 116H-1.

Anyway, these little L3's really are amazing speakers - definitely worth it if you chance upon a pair, since they don't seem to be in too much demand. They have plenty of output even for smaller living rooms, and are near ideal for the bedroom!

John
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information