Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone know of an authoritative web site for Stephens TruSonic???

As "4645" resurrected this 4 year old thread, I though would post a few follow up comments.

I listed those Stephens gargantuans on eBay in fall of 2005. Within a couple hours of listing, a Korean dude from Seoul contacted me (though his english speaking sister in NYC), and asked me what it would take to end the auction early.

I told him $5k would do it for me, and within a couple of days he had wired the money to my account, and had a Bax Global truck drive 300 miles north of Salt Lake City (the nearest Bax shipping point) to pick them up.

Apparently they now reside in Seoul, although I don't have the slightest idea if he likes them or not.

I replaced them with JBL 4670D's from the Cinema line. Very smooth, musical, and they have the efficiency and headroom to blow the walls out. While they certainly don't have the historical significance of the Stephens, they sound MUCH better; and after paying for the JBLs, I have money left over.

Thanks for the follow up. Sounds like it ended well for everyone. Those Stephens systems you had were super rare, possibly unique. I'd bet the owner is happy, as he has something that no one else has, a prize in collector circles.

Thread Information