Thread: Finally!

leif

Finally!

I always wanted a pair of large JBL studio monitors. And finally I got them!
    I had to go a long way to pick them up, all the way to Copenhagen in Denmark.
    I live in Sandefjord, Norway, and to get to Copenhagen I can drive a LOOOONG way, or take a flight for little more than an hour.
    I took the flight, and brought my wife and daughter and took it as a short vacation, spending two days in wonderful Copenhagen.
    I was a bit worried getting the big boxes home. Not only for overweight, but how will the airline staff treat the big beauties? I had no boxes to put them in, and had to send them as they are. At the doorstep to the aircraft, I looked into the cargo compartment, and saw the compartment was packet to the max, and my speaker were standing by the door, with suitcases on top. I was very nervous. And were sure the "black bottoms" would crack on the way over.
    But they arrived pretty good in shape, a corner on top had got a hard push, otherwise fine.
    It was a thrill of a trip, and lot of heavy lifting. From Jeppes home in 4th floor (no elevator) to my own home in Sandefjord. A exiting trip that will be rememberd.
    But finally, I have a pair of nice 4430 in my home. They need to be reconed, but when that is done, I can`t wait to hear them play.

Congratulations.

Keep us posted.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

Congratulations!

I want to hear your feeling of enjoying them.

leif
    The speakers has been used by DR (Danish Broadcasting Corporation), and they have used some kind of speaker stands for them, where the speakers has been "hanging". That is why there is those odd things on the side of them. I could of course just take them off. But as for now, I will just keep them on like they are.
    The picture of the corner is the damage that were made under transportation home to Norway.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Figge
    WOW! nice boxes! i bet it was no walk in the park carrying those around the airports! but now is the pay of! beutiful. whats wrong with the 2235:s?

leif
    LOL, you should have seen me at the airport. It was so embarresing walking with two trolleys side by side, trying to manouver these big boxes to the check in area. Not to mention bringing them trough the custom when arriving Norway.
    There were several custom staff that were standing looking at me when I came walking, and said like "Hmmmmmmm...."
    I replied "Ah, it`s just some old damage stuff that I will try to repair"
    I had taken off the blue fabric so they could see the woofer were in very bad shape. So I ended up with not having to pay tax.
    What`s wrong with the 2235? The foam is rotten, and there is almost nothing left of it. So it make no sense using them before that is fixed.

Figge
    haha....i can imagine!

What`s wrong with the 2235? The foam is rotten, and there is almost nothing left of it. So it make no sense using them before that is fixed.

ok as i thought. but when u said recone i was wondering why? simply buy the foam and fix em up your self. i did it on mine and it worked out pretty well.

Smile Nice adventure

Thank you for sharing it. They look like beauties in the rough. You should have gems when you're done.

Also, that's a great looking fern! I love plants in the house.
    Out.

Regis

Very nice!

The whole experience sounds like many a JBL adventure that many of us can relate to. Drive, fly, walk, we don't care! When we want JBL's we'll go just about any length to get them. Your story was great! Thanks for sharing it!

Thread Information