Thread: Speaker stands for 4313Bs, 4311,s and 4312s.

Speaker stands for 4313Bs, 4311,s and 4312s.

The Naurilus 802s are gone. I'm bringing one of the sets of 4313Bs back up and would like to build some stands for them. I want to raise them 24". Anyone have pics of thier stands are any ideals? Thanks!

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer
    The Naurilus 802s are gone. I'm bringing one of the sets of 4313Bs back up and would like to build some stands for them.
    I know the 4313's are nice, but still would have expected you to hang on to those 802's. 'Someone make you an offer you couldn't refuse?

John

In a nut shell, I wasn't looking for 802s, and I'm not in the position now to turn down the profit of amost 3 times what I paid through a quick sale. They were as good as any speaker I have heard in my house. I'll give the nod to the L-300s for bass. The tweeters were close but The mid range on the Nautilus won hands down. I'd say all in all the Nautilus was better, but not to the degree that would make me keep them. Not with the uncertainty that lies ahead. They sold within 1 day of listing. The Buyer and I both came out smelling like a rose after a little touch up on the one cabinet. NOW HOW ABOUT SOME SPEAKER STAND PICS?

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    I know the 4313's are nice, but still would have expected you to hang on to those 802's. 'Someone make you an offer you couldn't refuse?

John

Stands

Hello Audiobeer, The stands for the L36 are cheap pinewood nightstands. The ones of the N805 are heavy steel. I think you will appreciate the massive alder furniture in the back as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for the reply and pics! That gives me some ideal! Nice furniture!

speaker stands

Hello Audiobeer and others : here a somewhat daring suggestion
    why not look for some sad emty speaker cabinets (does not have to cost a lot)
    give them the famous mr Audiobeer wood treatment , and use these as stands ?
    the grilles would conceal the fact that they are in fact empty.

Tom Loizeaux
    I built a pair of stands for my 4312As that I thought were a very sucessful design. They are the same size as the 4312, so it raises them full speaker height off the floor, are semi-open and very sturdy.
    If you e-mail me, I will send you some photos...as I don't have a photo server set up to allow me to add photos to these posts. Once you see the design, it would be fairly simple to build a pair.

Tom

[email protected]

Tom Loizeaux

Stand photos

Well here are some stand photos. (I hope they post OK)

I used 13 ply Baltic birch. The top and bottom are the same size as the 4312s. The legs are 24" lomg and 5" wide. I slightly rounded over the edges of all the wood. I positioned the legs so the rear legs pointed to the center of each side, and positioned the front legs so they pointed to the center of the rear edge. This provides extra strength and resists flexing...and has a nice look. I simply screwed these in place and...that's it! Coat with your favorite finish. I put cork sheets under the 4312 cabinets to avoid marring the walnut.

If there are a few who would like these, I might consider making a small "run".

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information