Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: So,whaddaya got in yer JBL collection?

I like collecting midcentury stuff that fits our 1957 brick MCM house, so why break up that vibe with the JBLs, eh?

one JBL C35
    two JBL C36s with thin edge legs
    three JBL C37s
    two C38s
    three C40s
    And a new to the house pair of JBL 250Tis.

A pair of Altec 604Ds in Barzilay cabs
    and a pair of Altec Model 19s

And we are still looking for a JBL C39 Harlan

The last 4 120's I have left.

My whole band is all JBL. In this pic are my best condition speakers I use for lead guitar. They all tested with great impedance readings and the coils are smooth and slick when I check them manually. On the left is my 2 E-120s@8ohms wired in parallel @ ohms drivin by a McIntosh 2100 bridged giving em 480plus wattage. On the right are my beauties. Theyre K120's@8ohms. I totally lucked out on these. I managed to find them through a friend who played in the tea party and sold me these 2 K's unopened in box with orange JBL writing. He sold me the pair for $150. The K's are the sweetest guitar speakers I've ever heard. I fuel them with a rocktron velocity bridged to channel 1 which has 2 outputs. Each K has its own cable giving an 8ohm signal to each.
    I built these cabs open back with russian birch and have 1/4 inch jack plugs on the side of each.
    The last pair were D150's sold from my bass plyr.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've got

JBL LS80
    JBL LS Center
    JBL LS40

All in mahogany, love the looks of them.

Using klipsch subwoofers, but looking for LS 120P just for the aesthetic.

Here's my rig http://www.minhembio.com/Natal

Nice! I always did prefer brown grained wood over that black ash stuff ...

Quote Originally Posted by natal View Post
    I've got

JBL LS80
    JBL LS Center
    JBL LS40

All in mahogany, love the looks of them.

Using klipsch subwoofers, but looking for LS 120P just for the aesthetic.

Here's my rig http://www.minhembio.com/Natal
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

L55s, with good LE14As and bad LE20s... to be subs in HT setup
    L100T, came with 052Ti tweeters! cabs need new grill cloth, veneer repairs and refinishing to dark brown or black to help cover the veneer repairs/scars. veneer has been pealed off 40% of the back of one speaker by PO (why? who knows!) To be mains in HT setup

L166A, 9/10 condition, carefully stored away until I can refoam the woofers, then use with my Marantz 2275 (after it's serviced) in an 'all vintage' setup.

and a single 4301B

raw drivers
    pair of heathkit LE14A
    4 LE14A, 2 with dirty cones, 2 with nice cones. (so yes, 8 LE14s in the house!!)
    pair LE5-6s. gift from a friend!
    3 Heathkit LE20s.
    2 2410 - placed a low ball bid on eBay and won them...because they have cheap, ill fitting AM Ti diaphragms in them

1 NOS 2427J (impulse purchase on eBay!)forgot some!

Just added a mirrored pair of 120ti's to the hoard. had them less than a day and already like them better than the departed 4412's. The 120's are very smooth , but have punch WHEN material calls for it.

I need grilles for them .... anybody have spares ?

yeah, the teak was so dry that I just spottily added some lemon oil in the dark.

surrounds are shot , one has a tear, but sound good "as-is" , likewise the 044Ti's have indentations , gonna have to open those and reshape from the rear, prolly change internal foam at the same time.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Triple stacked L212s with 4 bass energizers

Nice dynamics and sound staging.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Texeira View Post
    uhmmm, WoW! bolted together somehow?? tri-amped? Having never seen one in person, I didn't realize they came off the bass like that. Never heard them but I always liked the L212, and would grab a pair if they ever came up locally. You seem to have done just that ... times 3!! (hmm, a pair would pack up nice and flat now, wouldn't they...

Quote Originally Posted by tomee View Post
    uhmmm, WoW! bolted together somehow?? tri-amped? Having never seen one in person, I didn't realize they came off the bass like that. Never heard them but I always liked the L212, and would grab a pair if they ever came up locally. You seem to have done just that ... times 3!! (hmm, a pair would pack up nice and flat now, wouldn't they...
    Currently they are not bolted together .. the are not tri amped.. just running from my Class amp with nordost Baldur bi wires. I also added a 066 tweeter in back which gives just a nice slight touch of extra sparkle, ambiance.

Shipping these are difficult.. would recommend taking the tweeters off and ship those separately.

I have no idea of the load that the amp is seeing at this time as I have the 4 Bass energizers wired via their crossovers.

I do know that the Classe amp was playing at 65% during the Country Music Festival the other night and was just barely warm to the touch..

High clean dynamics with excellent sound stage & imaging.. this setup in my living room is the closest to live music I have ever had and I am not done with it yet

JBL 120Ti

Got a pair of the 120Ti's too. They work like a charm, but need some work. Oiled them up to make them wet & sexy, but the blemishes need to be removed.

Name:  01-jbl-120ti-front.jpg
Views: 1685
Size:  58.4 KB

Strike a pose!

Name:  02-jbl-120ti-side.jpg
Views: 1400
Size:  56.8 KB

You go girl!

Name:  03-jbl-120ti-top-scratch.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  82.3 KB

This should probably go away with some 240 grit?

Name:  04-jbl-120ti-corner-cut.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  49.6 KB

This will be harder, any suggestions?

Name:  05-jbl-120ti-poor-glue-job.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  74.8 KB

Harder still and both look like this. Someone has used the crazy Swedes' Kärlsonslim (Kärlsons glue) on the dust cap. Can't imagine how this can be handeled, any suggestions for this? The original owner who sold me these said they were reconed in one of Norway's biggest hifi store chains. Terrible if that's true.

Everything looks OK on the inside fortunately. Think they're from 88.

They sound really nice, but I think the foam behind the tweeter dome must have deteriorated, as they sound quite bright. Have to take a look and replace it to make sure they live for many more years to come.

so I guess no pets, kids or earthquakes where you live! :-) we have kids, but more risky is we have construction nearby that makes our house shake - those would fall over in about an hour at my place. Maybe you should start a new thread about these, and your plans for them. Not many L212 users are here, and no one that I know of with 3 complete pairs! (but there was someone with 2 pairs, I think...)

Currently they are not bolted together .. the are not tri amped.. just running from my Class amp with nordost Baldur bi wires. I also added a 066 tweeter in back which gives just a nice slight touch of extra sparkle, ambiance.

Shipping these are difficult.. would recommend taking the tweeters off and ship those separately.

I have no idea of the load that the amp is seeing at this time as I have the 4 Bass energizers wired via their crossovers.

I do know that the Classe amp was playing at 65% during the Country Music Festival the other night and was just barely warm to the touch..

High clean dynamics with excellent sound stage & imaging.. this setup in my living room is the closest to live music I have ever had and I am not done with it yet

Quote Originally Posted by DingDing View Post
    Got a pair of the 120Ti's too. They work like a charm, but need some work. Oiled them up to make them wet & sexy, but the blemishes need to be removed.

Harder still and both look like this. Someone has used the crazy Swedes' Kärlsonslim (Kärlsons glue) on the dust cap. Can't imagine how this can be handeled, any suggestions for this? The original owner who sold me these said they were reconed in one of Norway's biggest hifi store chains. Terrible if that's true.
    Everything looks OK on the inside fortunately. Think they're from 88.

They sound really nice, but I think the foam behind the tweeter dome must have deteriorated, as they sound quite bright. Have to take a look and replace it to make sure they live for many more years to come.
    I'm starting to think that the 120ti's are the best "bookshelves" that were ever played for me.

The woofer ugly glue ? maybe just go over it with black ?

bright ? did you check rear switches ?

tweeter foam ?
    read from here on..
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post364321

and a whole thread about it
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?29325-044Ti-questions-Help-needed

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by tomee View Post
    so I guess no pets, kids or earthquakes where you live! :-) we have kids, but more risky is we have construction nearby that makes our house shake - those would fall over in about an hour at my place. Maybe you should start a new thread about these, and your plans for them. Not many L212 users are here, and no one that I know of with 3 complete pairs! (but there was someone with 2 pairs, I think...)
    Will start a new thread... They are pretty sturdy and at the present I have painters tape on them in the back for now..

I really would like to hear this setup. Looks amazing. cudos!

That's awesome visually!

Thread Information