Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: So,whaddaya got in yer JBL collection?

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Not hardly.

You gotta have her like those.

Find the equipment cab to go with. Make a 12+ foot long design "statement"....
    I'd have a better shot at getting a Paragon through the front door than a set of Sovereign's with the matching equipment cabinet. But, that would sure be nice!

Dog: There's nothing in JBL's line that comes in a Stealth Version, at least nothing that I know of. My Sov's and a few other JBL's came with me in a package deal my wife bought into 21 years ago. All the stuff since then she has taken in stride. Remember, you can't shock them with mass multiple purchases in a short amount of time. A little here and a little there. To the uninterested party it all looks the same after a while - well almost. She obviously can see the difference between my 4350's and the L100's, but they're all speakers to her. The secret is to keep the stuff moving and never overtake what she figures is her turf in the house. Blend in and try to have your little piece of the house that is your turf, for your stuff. Is this theory making any sense??? Here's how I do it, based on the fact that there's not enough room in the house for everything I own. I always have something in storage. Right now it's my L71 Veronas, crated and safe, 4313B's while I touch up and detail them, along with a few incomplete projects that she hasn't really seen yet.

Since the living room is her turf I only have my L120 Aquarius Q's and S109 Aquarius 4's in a simple 4 channel surround setup slated for that room, for family use.

I have two sons and have some stuff ON LOAN to them in their bedrooms, as long as they take good care of it - Like my L26 pairs and L36's and Marantz 2245/2275 receivers.

Have an office in our loft and I need some tunes while working there, slaving away on the computer, following the LHS Forum, etc. Good place for a pair of my L100's, my 4311's and 4313's. It's out of sight and out of her mind - with it was about 1000 more square foot.

Since we have a fairly hugh bedroom my Sovereigns are really not in the way. I have 3/4" smoked plate glass on top of them so she can put lamps and other junk on them without risking damage (tops are near mint after 31 years). I listen to them most every evening - too bad the bedroom isn't the place to crank em up.

Then there's the family room - MY TURF. We won't even get into what's going on down there. Too much information. We'll save that for a time when you come up my way.

From all my jabber you should be able to gleen something you can add to your arsenal. Later - Rick

Dog: Try this on for size. Slated for the east wall in my Family room when overhaul is done, with my Sov II's on either side. Not enough room for the big Sovs unless I give up the 4350's and I can't do that. Remember - in the absense of Stealth Speakers one must resort to Stealth Tactics. Maybe it would help if you watched some Ninja movies.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Pretty SAE gear!!!

Quote Originally Posted by riessen
    The secret is to keep the stuff moving and never overtake what she figures is her turf in the house. Blend in and try to have your little piece of the house that is your turf, for your stuff.
    I have been working with this game plan and it generally works. I've had all manner of bits and pieces here... I mostly dabble in custom stuff.

In answer to the title of this thread I currently have the one and only pair of factory JBLs I've ever owned.

L100s. ...no really it is true.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    Pretty SAE gear!!!

I have been working with this game plan and it generally works. I've had all manner of bits and pieces here... I mostly dabble in custom stuff.

In answer to the title of this thread I currently have the one and only pair of factory JBLs I've ever owned.

L100s. ...no really it is true.

Widget

Then you have chosen wisely.
    Out.

Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by riessen
    Dog: Try this on for size. Slated for the east wall in my Family room when overhaul is done, with my Sov II's on either side. Not enough room for the big Sovs unless I give up the 4350's and I can't do that. Remember - in the absense of Stealth Speakers one must resort to Stealth Tactics. Maybe it would help if you watched some Ninja movies.
    Very Nice indeed!!!

Peter

my stuff

4311B x2 L&R
    4311 center
    L88nova x2 rear
    L19 x2 study
    C34 (D130 + DLH175)
    L54 trimline
    all shown in photo gallery here:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/photopo...500&ppuser=182

JBL/TAD components for Westlake style Main monitors x2 (someday)

Auspurger design cinema monitors x2 (TAD 1601a x2, TAD 4002 on emilar horn)
    Still in the garage, no room big enough for `em in the house!
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

5 pair L26

1 pair L88

2 pair 2800

and counting...

A humble collection

This is my "wife approved" approach. Look hard and you may find some JBL stuff.

Very nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Garrett
    This is my "wife approved" approach. Look hard and you may find some JBL stuff.

Very nice indeed!!

I always liked that Marantz stuff. ALL of your collections are very impressive.
    BTW, where do you work? I'd like a job there too!!

Very nice my friend...

Peter

Living Room: L300's Bi-amped

Family Room: 4425's (bought new about 4 years ago, shortly before they were discontinued)

Home Theater: B380 sub (Tannoy Arden mains, Radian Center, Klipsch Surrounds)

Bedroom: Northridge EC-25 center channel, JBL ARC Cinema Satellites

Master Bath: JBL Harmony radio

Garage: JBL 206's mounted in recycled EPI cabinets
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice!

Don't those L300's look nice in that room! First class!

Peter

P.S. Where's the electronics?

RacerXtreme

you guys........

You guys are way out of my league. If I didn't spend so much $$$ on jet-skis, dirt bikes, and street rods I'd be hangin' with you tho.....

All I've got is four A4's (or two A2's), and four 4311 studio monitors.

If I remember correctly, the A4's were one of the first projects that James B. Lansing worked on shortly after the Lansing Mfg. Co. became Altec-Lansing. Some of the true JBL historians would know what approx. year.
    I've got a few more components to buy, but when I'm done the entire system will be loaded w/ JBL drivers.

My first post here!

I have had a pair of L26s since '80 or so. I got them used.

The reason I'm here on these forums is because I just picked up a pair of Cabaret 4628B speakers. They've obviously been around the block a few times but they appear to be in working condition. I don't know if they will play because my home audio gear doesn't have the correct outputs and the amp I got with the speakers has DIN inputs (again, no way to connect them). The amp is a Crown Micro-Tech 1000 and it came with two Behringer components (Composer Pro MDX-2100 and Ultragraph Pro FBQ3102) all in a handy locking carrying case.

The wife already has given me an ultimatum about the 4628Bs!

Welcome aboard, Pete!

The ultimatum being, "You take those nasty things over to Zilch in Berkeley imMEDIately, or ELSE!"

???

Use the forum "Search" function to find out about 4628B here....

Thread Information