Thread: No offense, but..,

Charley Rummel

No offense, but..,

My post about Infocom was "moved" without expaination. Did I violate any rules? Was I offending anyone? Can I get any feedback?

Don, I did my best not to advertise, so, wht gives?

Regards,
    Chalrley Rummel

Hi Charley,

I don't know which moderator moved it... I suppose a note would have been nice, though I have to admit I don't always post a note when a thread is placed in the wrong area and I move it... to show that I'm not too up tight about that sort of thing I'll let someone else move this thread to the "Forum Issues" area where it belongs...

Widget

Moving a post is not intended to be a criticism of the poster and certainly not some kind of punishment. The forum is structured into numerous subforums to make it easier for people to find posts relevant to their interests given that not everyone has the time or inclination to read all 200 messages a day that get posted here. The general forum that you posted into is intended to be for general queries or comments on Lansing products (see the description below the forum name).

As I read your post, it really didn't seem to be in keeping with that intent. One of our moderators obviously shared that assessment and moved it to a more appropriate forum - the "Off Topic" forum. For reasons that I hope you understand, I would propose moving this thread to the "Forum Issues" board since it too is not directly related to Lansing products and instead concerns an issue related to how the forum is managed.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Charley Rummel

Thanks for your replies.

Hi, Don and Mr Widget:

Thank you both very much for your replies. It's good to know the action taken wasn't for any inadvertent gross abuse of the forum on my behalf, which is something i'd never want to do. This forum is for the purpose of preserving the legacy of a fellow who spawned innovation and development of a technology which has been the center of an intense, life-long interest of mine.

I'm sure Don, especially, can remember my first communications with this forum 4+ years ago, which happenned right after I went into Google one night and enterred "Jim Lansing Signature", which is decaled on my 1954 vintage C34; 'Lansing Heritage Forum' was one of the hits. I checked it out...

It's also been great to watch the forum develop as more materials and information are contributed.

Kind regards,
    Charley Rummel

Thread Information