Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: HORNS VS TWEETER

Orange County..now that says everything....what colour shirt have you got on?

Mines black..JBL Sound Power...by the way there's only one God and he's black..Jimi Henriks

I was reading the LSR paper last night..those little wave guides (elliptical oblate spheriod) are actually quite special.

Perhaps we should be focusing on those

Thumbs up Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie

I was reading the LSR paper last night..those little wave guides (elliptical oblate spheriod) are actually quite special.

Perhaps we should be focusing on those

Words well spoken, my friend. As an homage to your insight, I modify my avatar to remind us of the moment this wisdom sprang from your keyboard to my screen.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Actually my point is that the horn is another layer of artificiality.
    Always a possibility... same with that waveguide on your avatar... you never get something for nothing.

I'd submit this little guy is better than any of your Ti domes... it is a non horn loaded ring-radiator from Scan-Speak. It is quite wonderful.

Widget
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"those little wave guides (elliptical oblate spheriod) are actually quite special"

You mean horns???

Yeah know there is not right answer to this one. Between personal preference, drivers and implimentation you have good and bad in all driver types.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    Always a possibility... same with that waveguide on your avatar... you never get something for nothing.
    Maybe not, but I just picked up a single L100t3 for $7.50.

More on track, though, of course you're right, it's all a compromise of one sort or antoher. That's one of the great things about a diverse line like JBL, you can have one of each!

I'd submit this little guy is better than any of your Ti domes... it is a non horn loaded ring-radiator from Scan-Speak. It is quite wonderful.

Widget
    You can submit it to me for evaluation if you'd like. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to return it, though. These thing have a way of
    going missing, especially if they find favor.
    Out.

Talking This thread is hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    "those little wave guides (elliptical oblate spheriod) are actually quite special"

You mean horns???

Yeah know there is not right answer to this one. Between personal preference, drivers and implimentation you have good and bad in all driver types.

Rob
    I think they're all good. But to misquote George Orwell, "Some are gooder than others."
    Out.

Widget
    So we refer to this as The Widgets "Ring of Confidence" or perhap "Lord of The Rings".........that has a nice ring to it!

jandregg

Widget............................................ .................................................. ..........

Looks like a uni-horn.

John

Thread Information