Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HORNS VS TWEETER

Maron Horonzakz
    Amadeo......The Klipschorn has been in steady production for 50 years. No other speaker has had sutch a following. The Khorn has evolved slowly warts and all. I can attest its not perfect but in all the tweeks that have been done to that unit And I quote Paul Klipsch "Its a tweekers dream" I too love JBL . My Klipschorns now have all JBL woofers horn mid drivers & JBL 2404 tweeters. Try playing Mahlers Symphony #6 through your Ti.s & compair to a horn system sutch as mine NO COMPAIRISON. Your tweeters would be laying out on the floor gasping their last breath. ITS CALLED DYNAMIC SLAM Direct radiators have a tough time reproduceing this importent neuance in music. As far as Paris Hilten? I like a little more meat on my women. She might be ok for a one knight stand but I dont think she could keep up with me for a second date. (No dynamic slam).

Quote Originally Posted by RacerXtreme
    I apologize for any crude or crass remarks. I really was just kidding. Having one of those days................ Sorry, I meant no harm.

yes, I have been there and done that myself WAY too many times.

Anyway, thanks for being a stand-up guy and having the balls to post an apology... shows class

nuff said......

Horns for the.....

A few weeks ago I posted a thread asking "Has anyone heard these....Ti10K?"...zip, nada, nothing....just a few lighthearted quips, and although I've never auditioned a pair, they do look sorta neat in a Scan/Danish modern way...BUT...I doubt those woofers (10's?) will get any hearts fluttering on this forum. I mean can you imagine them down at your local cineplex, valiantly trying to recreate Lucas' Star Wars battle scenes or flanked beside KISS' backline during their farewell tour?

Horn loaded systems may not be as aesthetically pleasing to look at (save the Paragon) they give you that "slam factor" that once experienced is unlikely to be forgotten.

HORNS BABY!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

OPUS POCUS

quality control certificate

finaly u guys ....ha....... i am invincible

i did it this is the freakin JBL certificate i scanned it at 200 pixels so it should look like sh!$ ....but as i said in real life the paper quality has a real certificate feel to it ....now if any one can explain the rub and buzz..

so i got ti6k no 2749 nice
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JBL i am the biggest fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Wolf
    All kidding aside though Amadeo, I have not heard the ti10k so I can't really say.. have you heard the S3100 or Paragon or K2 ? Do you think there might be some reason that JBL use horns for all of the statement speakers?

Bernard
    you should hear the ti10's or my vaders there sound is realy somthing special i am not talking .....punch drunk sound ....for that you can get a sub ....i am talking about detail....talking about the sound stage ....talking about the whole 9 yards ......now this is with out a sub add a 600 watt sub with my vaders and you get a sound that is next to nothing.....go to the nearest jbl showroom and let the salesman give you an audition to these speakers ..if he has any left ...i am sure who ever sees ..hears ...touches them gets hooked like bait on a fishing rod .....once you all have done that i 'll be waiting for your appologies
    JBL i am the biggest fan

Quote Originally Posted by amadeo
    ....i am talking about detail....talking about the sound stage ....talking about the whole 9 yards ...........go to the nearest jbl showroom and let the salesman give you an audition to these speakers ..if he has any left ...i am sure who ever sees ..hears ...touches them gets hooked like bait on a fishing rod .....once you all have done that i 'll be waiting for your appologies
    You would not believe the pinpoint imaging and soundstage depth that the S3100 puts out... compares very well to Quads and I know because I owned them. And talk about detail, well they do that as well, especially in the bass were they are incredibly articulate without the drivers moving at all... color that less distortion.. and to top it off they look the part.. enough said... you really must hear one of the statement JBL horns before you can really say..

As for auditioning the Ti.. wish I could but here in Montreal there is no one that carries them. I doubt very much though, that they would do for me what the 15"/horns do for me.. but hey,... love them and I don't blame you one bit for getting all excited

Bernard

Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz
    Amadeo......The Klipschorn has been in steady production for 50 years. No other speaker has had sutch a following. The Khorn has evolved slowly warts and all. I can attest its not perfect but in all the tweeks that have been done to that unit And I quote Paul Klipsch "Its a tweekers dream" I too love JBL . My Klipschorns now have all JBL woofers horn mid drivers & JBL 2404 tweeters. Try playing Mahlers Symphony #6 through your Ti.s & compair to a horn system sutch as mine NO COMPAIRISON. Your tweeters would be laying out on the floor gasping their last breath. ITS CALLED DYNAMIC SLAM Direct radiators have a tough time reproduceing this importent neuance in music. As far as Paris Hilten? I like a little more meat on my women. She might be ok for a one knight stand but I dont think she could keep up with me for a second date. (No dynamic slam).
    dynamic slam!!
    bose's (direct reflecting spekers)
    definitive (bipolar super towers)
    B&W (tube loaded tweeters)

each company gives a technology a gimic name .....used for marketing and each has reviews that this technology is better than all the rest i had to laugh when i saw the review on DEF TECHS speakers advertisement

ill quote

"......reviewers agree that bipolar loudspeakers are sonically superior to all others for both music and home theater .
    in fact, top expert BRENT BUTTERWORTH raved that bipolar systems are as close as weve come to finding the HOLY GRAIL. only definitive's revolutionary bipolars have two complete sets of high definition drivers they radiate sound...the same way sound is produced naturaly"

common give me a break DEF TECH ...what.. after reading this i should go tipsy like and go oh i just have to get me bipolar sound ...they sound the same way sound is produce naturaly ....i know another bipolar sound that is produced naturaly..... my a$$ producing gass ,sound ....it dosent get more natural than that .

dont even get me started on bose ...who ever got a bose speaker should commit suicide ...no questions asked ...just pull out a gun put it to your brain and pull the trigger .....

give us all a break
    JBL i am the biggest fan

Quote Originally Posted by 57BELAIRE
    A few weeks ago I posted a thread asking "Has anyone heard these....Ti10K?"...zip, nada, nothing....j

Horn loaded systems may not be as aesthetically pleasing to look at (save the Paragon) they give you that "slam factor" that once experienced is unlikely to be forgotten.

HORNS BABY!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

sorry i wasent here a few weeks ago but .......i am here now ...and i dont have the ti10k ...i do have its little sibling ti6k .....and you should know by now that i just love them in an innocent way ...no freak talk ...last night our conversations went south so fast......i guess thats what you get when you place a bunch of middle age men in a single room chatting ....

if you whant slam factor get your self a 1k sub ..you dont need slam comming out of your mains ...the best lay out is a .1 system for cinima the .1 being your sub .....everybody knows that
    JBL i am the biggest fan

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by amadeo
    ...the best lay out is a .1 system for cinima the .1 being your sub .....everybody knows that

glad to have you here now, by the way....

but I thought it was better to have two subs........ Two BIG ones.....

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv
    glad to have you here now, by the way....

but I thought it was better to have two subs........ Two BIG ones.....
    oh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

you are sooo right ....if i had the money i would defenitly get 2 isay again two tik 600 subs ......talk about bringing the house down yeah baby yeah
    JBL i am the biggest fan

If you read the Harman International white paper on subs, the correct answer is four! And for a normal room, I'd have to say I agree.

That's why I'm saving for PS1400 #4 right now. In fact, if mikebake doesn't like his sub1500s, I'll try four of those and reduce the PS1400s to 80-130Hz duty as part of the mains.
    Out.

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    If you read the Harman International white paper on subs, the correct answer is four! And for a normal room, I'd have to say I agree.
    I read on the LAB that they recommended 4 of that sub as well.... just too much realestate for me to have taken up by the stereo...

I woudl be happy to get all my stuff in cabinets... I am going to try to clone a pair of 4647 this weekend.... right now i am running the one I got for cheap, but the cabinet is rough to say the least..... can't wait to have a pair of sealed cabinets......

Def Tech ma a$$

common give me a break DEF TECH ...what.. after reading this i should go tipsy like and go oh i just have to get me bipolar sound ...they sound the same way sound is produce naturaly ....i know another bipolar sound that is produced naturaly..... my a$ producing gass ,sound ....it dosent get more natural than that .
    How is Def tech like George Bush?

They both only fool believers!

I once brought home a Def Tech 250 W subwoofer to use with my surround sound. I got out my Joe Satriani Engines of Creation SACD and put it in the player. I turned it to a reasonable volume and started it up. About 8 or 9 minutes later, I heard a pop and the bass went dead.

I opened up the box and I couldn't believe I was looking at so called "high end". The 12" woofer looked real cheap, but the real revelation was the amp. It had 4 small transistors in the output stage and a power transformer that could fit in a medium size medicine vial. There were no heat sinks in sight and it was hot enough to fry eggs. No matter how they put this stuff together, crap is crap. I ran (not walked) back to the store and got my money back. Anytime, I listen to someone brag about their Def Techs, I think about my JBLs and have a good (but silent) laugh.

Th Bi-Polar Def Techs sounded like crap also. The only time they sounded OK was when the Yamaha DSP was turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv
    I read on the LAB that they recommended 4 of that sub as well.... just too much realestate for me to have taken up by the stereo...

I woudl be happy to get all my stuff in cabinets... I am going to try to clone a pair of 4647 this weekend.... right now i am running the one I got for cheap, but the cabinet is rough to say the least..... can't wait to have a pair of sealed cabinets......
    Good luck with that clone.

Yes, four subs takes a lot of space. Three caused a little stir here; we'll see if four crosses the line with the GF. If so, she'll have to go.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome

That's why I'm saving for PS1400 #4 right now. In fact, if mikebake doesn't like his sub1500s, I'll try four of those and reduce the PS1400s to 80-130Hz duty as part of the mains.
    titanium dome....as alwayse you cease to amaze me ..(by the way i attached the ceriticate at the biggining of this page)..........i googled and have printed the whole white paper report on every thing it is a wonderful read ......to any body who is in research on av this is a good place to start ...ill post the url

http://www.harman.com/wp/index.jsp?articleld=default

regarding 4 subs that seems a little excessive but i havent ever seen a homtheater with 4 dedicated subs......just woundering how will you connect them to your receiver /power /amplifier .....with only one sub out.....
    will you need 4 amplifiers ....if so count me out of the lay out 2 ...i ll think about it....

no actualy i am thinking of getting another 200 watt ROTEL rmb 1095

for 7.1 channels ...and probably bi amping my mains.....there is so much i can do ...i havent even started to scratch the surface ...

first things first get a 600 tik sub

get a tik center

get 2 more ti6k's and place them as rears ..i will not get the ti10 k..those are if you do not have a sub in your setup

get another rotel rmb1095

get another 600 watt sub ...

man i have a long way to go

my vaders are very lonely....

i have attached a lounge i have created in a hurry to give me an idea ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JBL i am the biggest fan

Thread Information