Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: HORNS VS TWEETER

Quote Originally Posted by amadeo
    come on ...what a turn off ......you must see it comming.... the end of horns ...just look at all the latest products of jbl .........
    go to www.jbl.com and see the products ...we will only quicken the process thats all ..i told you guys you (horn lovers ) are a dying religion you wont last
    yes, the death of horns.... amadeo, I really like you, but you've gone a little too far with your thinking. Here's JBL's answer for you.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"

WOW

beautiful

Steve Gonzales

The Zilchster Strikes Back

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Sure. They're only suited to PROFESSIONAL use, and the very highest end of JBL consumer offerings, because it's quite expensive to build good horns and compression drivers into designs.

Perhaps you would have been just as happy with a "Creature II" system. You could have saved yourself a lot of money and had a pair of crab tweeters AND a TRUE Vader subwoofer to kiss in the bargain.

[And a couple of handles to grab onto it by, too! ]

Next time, ask here first. Knowing what we know now, we could have given you appropriate guidance in making a discerning selection....

those are very nice speakers ...zilch....i think i am alone...i guess i should have known better than too put my head with you old geezers....there is no changing your mind..........oh well just do one thing all of you go when ever you are free and go give a listen to the tiks ..please will you at least do that...you owe it to your ears ....

its very cold and lonely in tweeter land
    JBL i am the biggest fan

Steve Gonzales

Nice and warm here

This is a tweeter too

those are very nice speakers ....i think i am alone...i guess i should have known better than too put my head with you old geezers....there is no changing your mind..........oh well just do one thing all of you go when ever you are free and go give a listen to the tiks ..please will you at least do that...you owe it to your ears ....

its very cold and lonely in tweeter land
    No, you've got lots of comapny ( including me), except that my love of tweeters does not exclude horns, I love those too. Yes, the tweeters are great and the TiK sound wonderful, but so do alot of horn speakers from JBL. each to his own. The performance series is about the closest thing there is to your speakers and I'm liking them more each day, wonderful sound.

anyway, we shall all agree that we love our speakers. The TiK speakers almost can't be found in the US ( very rare) and that's sad. We in the US are in a strange no-mans land of the new and very good JBL's. They're just not here, what we get are the Best Buy commercial stuff ( not bad for the money, in fact very, very good for the money,) I own some)

I have a question to ask. Exactly what speakers with horns have you heard?

take care

Maron Horonzakz
    Amadeo....You will need to hear a TiK and a JBL K2 S98000 side by side to know what we,r talking about. Then you,l scratch that Tic off your balls.

i think i am alone...i guess i should have known better than too put my head with you old geezers...its very cold and lonely in tweeter land
    The path to enlightenment is indeed a solitary pilgrimage.

We can but guide your way, Grasshopper....

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959
    No, you've got lots of comapny ( including me), except that my love of tweeters does not exclude horns, I love those too. Yes, the tweeters are great and the TiK sound wonderful, but so do alot of horn speakers from JBL. each to his own. The performance series is about the closest thing there is to your speakers and I'm liking them more each day, wonderful sound.

anyway, we shall all agree that we love our speakers. The TiK speakers almost can't be found in the US ( very rare) and that's sad. We in the US are in a strange no-mans land of the new and very good JBL's. They're just not here, what we get are the Best Buy commercial stuff ( not bad for the money, in fact very, very good for the money,) I own some)

I have a question to ask. Exactly what speakers with horns have you heard?

take care
    i was in bed with both the sva 1800 and the klipsch.both my freinds ...have posted before any way your right i respect everybodys choice in speakers ..........read my first thread .....why do 99 %of you love horns?

so i got 100+ posts found out you like doly parton and you have a beutiful german shepard ...+many many information on many things ..things i didnt know about like "harmons white paper on subs"

and if for nothing else i got to know all you kind people......
    JBL i am the biggest fan

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959
    yes, the death of horns.... amadeo, I really like you, but you've gone a little too far with your thinking. Here's JBL's answer for you.....

Ha ha, nice try.

Here's Harman International's answer:
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Ha ha, nice try.

Here's Harman International's answer:
    yeah woooowtitanium were have you been my angel i was all alone you should have been here it was realy ugly ....they all ganged up on me ...i was defending my self with every breath i could muster out .....but with one sweet blow you showed them

but i guess know every thing is ok :all bow down to REVEL

titanium came
    titanium saw
    titanim conqured
    JBL i am the biggest fan

it was realy ugly ....they all ganged up on me ...i was defending my self with every breath i could muster out .....

you just needed an air HORN to get your breath out in a more assertive manner....

Ever heard a pair of Altec Model 19,s?

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv
    you just needed an air HORN to get your breath out in a more assertive manner....
    see what i had too deal with ...hopless case these guys...i rest my case

LOUPED GAROUV before saying any thing else shame on you you dont know the k2 s9800 ....google it and then talk to me
    JBL i am the biggest fan

can't help it....

see what i had too deal with ...hopless case these guys...i rest my case

LOUPED GAROUV before saying any thing else shame on you you dont know the k2 s9800 ....google it and then talk to me

I am too young -- trying to school myself on the vintage stuff..... maybe at some point in the future I will be able to hear (20/30 year old) K2,s or TiK,s....

Seriously though... I like different systems for different purposes..... definately can not have my Model 19,s in the shower with me.........

Thread Information