Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giskard "former member?"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gonzales
    and let's get back to business as usual, okay?
    IMO, there is no business as usual on here without Giskard. At least, not of the caliber as before.

Steve Gonzales

Agreed

Nor is there BAU when one member is sacrificed for another

"Business as usual" will be whatever the active members make it. If we make it helping, learning, exploring, and discussing, then that's what the forum will be. If we make it something else, then that's what it becomes.

I think we all feel a sense of regret, and to a certain extent we want to second-guess what happened because we're looking for an explanation. However, the excusing and the blaming part can get personal, and we need to be sensitive to that.

If a member or members choose to leave, that is their right. No one is being forced out. If they choose to come back, they should be welcome. But the return of one is just as important as the return of another, unless there is an unspoken hierarchy here of Orwellian proportion: "All LH members are equal, but some are more equal than others."

Yes, we all have different gifts, different intellects, different training, different experience, and different personalities, but this forum serves as the great leveler, especially for those of us who have more to learn than to teach. Yet, as a student is not greater than the teacher, no teacher is greater than the students. It takes both to keep a heritage alive and both to make the transfer of knowledge complete.

Each of us has been a teacher and a student here, and as long as we are open to both roles, this forum will survive and conduct business as usual, with or without any specific members. I hold both Regis and Giskard dear to that enterprise, and wish to converse with both whenever they see fit to converse with me.

--------------------------

As a postscript to all this, I don't have to worry about being credited with posting the most vulgar word ever on the site, though I may choose to challenge for that distinction in the future.
    Out.

Steve Gonzales

Finally!

Ti Dome, I have the uttmost RESPECT for you Sir, YOU are a TRUE Moderator. Well Done!

Regis

My email to Sir Giskard...

"I'm willing to let bygones be bygones. I've got no personal beef with you despite what happened. The only thing anger and revenge does is create a poison in our system, that is both acidic and toxic. I'm going to let go of the resentment and the anger. Your friends have stepped up for you and you should feel good about that. Let me know when you receive and ship out the diaphragms."

Sincerely,

Regis

I'm sorry to report that the response was angry and acidic, with the email being forwarded to all the moderators for direct action and monitoring (for what, I don't know). The sense I got was of permanent self-banishment from the site. While I may have inadvertantly been the so-called 'trigger', I feel that there's a lot more here than meets the eye and it's more than just what happened between us. He wants nothing to do with the forum or his former friends and I find that somewhat over-the-top. The anger is just not worth it. I tried. Thanks to all, for your responses both negative and positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    "All LH members are equal, but some are more equal than others."
    That is a lovely concept, everyone being equal, and I appreciate both your intentions and efforts, but I don't personally buy it at all. Everyone being equal is basically a nice-sounding idea that has never been reality.
    Who among us doesn't actually agree in most realms in life that some are more equal than others? Where did the phrase come from, after all?
    We all have human dignity, but we do not all contribute the same to life, etc. etc. and hence are unequal.

All humans are equal, but some (Mother Theresa) and more equal than others (Pol Pot)................
    Not every members input (i.e. my own) has equal value or weight. Therefore, the loss of some input is greater than the loss of others. It's not like anyone is going to cry if I don't post here, fer cryin' out loud. Nor should they!

Audiokarma
    Chiming in a little late but I hope (and suspect) that Giskard is occasionally poking around here incognito to check the latest goings on with the controversy.

If so, Giskard, besides your obvious technical prowess, I appreciate your "read between the lines", dry, and sometimes ascerbic wit. As a relative newbie to this site, I thoroughly enjoy the personal challenge of thinking of ways to ask "neophyte" questions in such a way as to not get skewered by you. You keep us all on our toes. LOL

Don't know you personally so can not claim to be a friend as many here can. But whether your sabbatical is temporary or actually permanent, hope you enjoy the break. Your immense contributions make it seem likely that it would be very difficult to maintain a balance with your other life interests.

Like many others, I'm sure, hope to see you around again sometime soon.

Later dude.....?

Steve Gonzales

Balance ,Mikebake, that's all

Human dignity is on a MUCH higher level than ANY technical input, regardless of what forum or group we are a part of. People come to learn and to share here, if it's no big deal to someone, that is their right. My identity as a person does not increase or decrease because of the LHS, it is just a cool place ( most of the time) to share what you know and maybe learn something and make some friends too. I have to disagree with you on one person being of greater value than another, no way man. If I have to PAY for someones technical input by sacrificing another member, forget that. I've been doing this for a long time and I don't remember any of you standing by me and coaching me and I've done quite well for myself, thank you. I don't want to "pay a price" for info. There are many examples of patient and helpful people who share without a price here. I'll take that ANYDAY!.

Steve:

I agree with most of what you say and yes, one person is not more important than another. Each has the gifts to share.....

Regis.... good to see ya back

and guys....

let's not start another F**king war here on this thread. Please....

Steve Gonzales

I hear ya

I just hate to see the other rational go "unchecked".

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gonzales
    I just hate to see the other rational go "unchecked".
    I know, I know......there's room for both sides ( or should be), but let's just make sure that things don't get heated and people start taking sides on this too much

we all need time to chill a little....

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"

YEAH EVERYBODY....

we all need time to chill a little

smoke 'em if you got em......

Steve Gonzales

I've said my peace

Now I'm AM gonna just let it go and hope both parties come back on good terms. PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv
    smoke 'em if you got em......
    That's so last century....vaporize my friend, not smoke....

jblnut

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by jblnut
    That's so last century....vaporize my friend, not smoke....

jblnut
    yeah...

after you vaporize, then you can sell it...... "cosmetically perfect," just no output...

Thread Information