Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi jbl

Post From Stereophile

A brief comment here:

http://stereophile.com/news/11039/
    Out.

Post From Oz

Ti6K in red! Prices in Australian dollars!

http://www.convoy.com.au/uploads/rev...20May%2002.pdf
    Out.

thanks man realy apreciate your time ....wow i especialy loved the last thread ..with the red ti6k....i wonder if i can paint mine ...just kidding even the thought scared me...no i like my VADERS just the way they are ....by the way i love your sexy speakers tooo..hope you have fun with them
    JBL i am the biggest fan

Post From the UK

Don't forget the Brits love TiKs, and Dido, too:

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_print.asp?ID=2019
    Out.

Sexy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Ti6K in red! Prices in Australian dollars!

http://www.convoy.com.au/uploads/rev...20May%2002.pdf
    Those are good looking!!

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by amadeo View Post
    mom ....i am at home

hi would like to say hi to all of you and if i could tell you .....i love jbl ....i loved them since i started this hobby in 94 ..somthing about there speakers make my ears sing and my heart skips a beat when ever i am near one of any jbl speakers ....

i currently own a pair of 5000$ ti6k i just brought them this thursday ...icant believe that these speakers are realy mine ...that they are standing infront of me ...tear...attached are some very amature pics of my lovely jbl (that dont do them justice and to that i am sorry ) i am using my mobile camera...

i have a couple of questions ..that i actualy asked in other forums ..before i finaly stumbled on the mother of all forums the jbl forum ( have i said that i love u jbl ) love is such a small word ...why is it that only a very few people like jbl ...i am very surprized ....they are too me the very best any one can hope for and then some ...they are used in 75% of all cinimas and that enough says alot of these speakers ..in kuwait all our cinimas have JBL speakers ..i some times before the show go to one and touch it( kind of say hi ) nobody gave me the time of day in those forum nobody satisfied me with a "yeah i am a proud owner of jbl ...."

people mostly love B&W
    klipsch
    bose and to the life of me i dont know why
    and other brands

my other question since i just brought these i was wandering is JBL going to have any new high end speakers anytime soon ...it would be ashame to see my tiks go clasic soo soon ...iknow they have the L series comming out soon but that is hardly high end ..i am speaking in the line of my tiks..

any way thank u for your hospitality and nice too meet u all...
    amadeo

LOL 85% of cinemas 85%!

That is a fine JBL investment there mate and where ever you may be hope you come back, has JBL is an ongoing process.

Quote Originally Posted by Figge View Post
    Hi! and welcome aboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Figge View Post

nice set of boxes

people mostly love B&W
    klipsch
    bose and to the life of me i dont know why
    and other brands

I guess they dont listen very much

Regards Fredrik

That’s funny you should ay that. I have an old friend thou we don’t speak to each other now, and his got a habit of liking the B&W DM601 and B&W CC6 and there’s nothing I can do to convert him to the JBL side.

thanks man realy apreciate your time ....wow i especialy loved the last thread ..with the red ti6k....i wonder if i can paint mine ...just kidding even the thought scared me...no i like my VADERS just the way they are ....by the way i love your sexy speakers tooo..hope you have fun with them
    LOL, VADERS, yeah JBL have neat nicknames like (Jedi Blaster Lightsbabers) JBL, that's how I became converted to the dark side. a long time ago in JBL cinema far, far away...

JBL 4645
    future plans hopefull in october this year .....will move my ti6k as rears and buy a 7000$ ti10k (mains LR) i never put a price on great sound as i am sure u dont either ....anyho with 4 speakers towering over me .... ti10ks mains ....ti6k rears ...tik center ...and 600 watt tik sub ....i would be in my final resting place

my jbl dealer actualy advised against this set up he said that i should leave the ti6k as mains and buy the tiny ti2k as rears ( he said that they were desighned espesialy for that purpose ...) ...i will not do this i dont care what they were designed for i will not place those puny speakers as rears ....

what he displayed in the showroom was this ti6k mains ...tik sub ( wich blew me away he had LOTR demo and i can tell u he didnt say hear this he said feel this ...and boy did i feel it ...i actualy felt the bass waves hitting my head on ) 2 ti2k as rears and tik center....

it was marvelous but i want more than that so i am going to neglect his advice and am going (cross fingers with the ti10k wich are a foot taller than my ti6k....what do you think...i cant wait ...

ps i have a nickname for my speakers i call them my "VADERS" because they look so much like darth vaders mask (with grills on )

this is what i want in my room but instead of the B&W i want my VADERS

First off I’m not knocking the B&W loudspeakers, but with one single loudspeaker that is mismatched out of the entire batch can anyone see it? Matching the fronts up with the same loudspeaker can be a challenging issue, particularly when you’ve got a very large TV monitor setting up front.

(Compromising positions) where and how do I place the centre channel? And in most cases it’s a smaller loudspeaker that sits on top of the TV or below it. One the imaging is going to be flat as pancake without any decent sound or tone imaging not to mention the amount of bass that can come from the discrete (separate from one another) the full bandwidth in the centre channel can be a little wired when listening to on it’s own in Dolby 5.1 mode.

Myself for example, I use smaller JBL control 5 and 1 series and thou they have limitations to how loud they can be played at, before my (intrenal instinct) tells me to back down a little bit, they are very manageable in terms to placement and fair quality of tonal voicing over the LCR fronts.

Thread Information