Thread: Modify an L26 - Planar tweet....

clmrt

Modify an L26 - Planar tweet....

So, I was thinking. Parts Express has a few planar tweeters that would fit (might need mods, but close) the tweeter position in the L26. Sensitivity might be very close to the LE25-4, and the L-pad could compensate anyway. I might make this an after Xmas project. Anyone care to offer thoughts? Predictions? I intend to make it reversible.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=264-730

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=264-744

I understand the DCR of the 25-4 is 3.7-4.4, so this is ballpark OK.

pelly3s
    experiment come on its fun.... today i worked with a customer on a speaker he wants to make using a 2123 and a 2404 it actually sounded really good in a cheap gemsound cabinet with the tweet sitting on top. it took a little EQ to make it sound like something

with your case I would say what the hell why not try it. it will probably extend the high frequency response and maybe sound a little more open in the high end if that is a good word for it.

clmrt
    I had second thoughts about asking here, since it's a non-JBL mod and all.

But I'll be placing an order at PE for caps and coils to rebuild a few XO's, and it seems oh-so-easy to just add them to the basket. I currently have the pots all the way down (nearly) as the highs seem irritating. The XO rebuild will be first, to see if that is the culprit.

Thread Information