Thread: Binding posts

JohnH

Binding posts

Has anyone found a suitable replacement for the push style binding posts on the JBL 2" compression drivers? Mine are pretty corroded up and stuck, and need replacement. Haven't tried JBL parts yet. I'm not sure what the JBL post material is. I was looking for another alternative. Most posts I've seen won't fit the .25" holes in the driver housing. I'm thinking along the lines of using a brass bolt, insulating washers, and spades on either end, with an insulating sleeve between the bolt and hole. Any other suggestions welcome.

Tom Loizeaux
    I believe, if you're talking about the spring-loaded posts that have the red and black plastic inserts, that JBL Pro parts still sells these. They were/are made by H.H. Smith Company and they could direct you to a vendor if JBL can't help you.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Loizeaux; 08-13-2003 at 08:06 PM.

JohnH
    Those are the ones I'm talking about. They are JBL part #s 33750 (Red) and 33751 (Black).

I didn't see them in a Newark catalog, but the Newark catalog is not very discriptive. For example, I need to know if they will mount in a 1/4" hole and also be insulated. I'm not particularly found of these posts, and as I won't be connecting and disconnecting very often, I was looking for an alternative.

Thread Information