Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lansing Heritage 5th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    Well, I just re-checked the anniversary date, (May 25), and that would be too soon for me to make it, but maybe sometime in June, or even the 4th of July?

John
    The only problem with July is the heat. It hits 110 to 115 every day at that time of year.

Ken

110-115 sounds nice compared to the 32f. temp and white stuff that was on the ground this morning between portage and brandon mb. on the trans canada hwy.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    110-115 sounds nice compared to the 32f. temp and white stuff that was on the ground this morning between portage and brandon mb. on the trans canada hwy.
    Been there, done that...

No thanks.

Hows the project coming John?

Ken

Hi Ken I will be picking up the Baltic birch soon, and if it ever warms up the wood should start to fly.

Another idea perhaps lefr field is a Lansing Heritage 5th Birthday nick nack...key ring..what ever. We would need to fund it obviously .

Maybe the Widget has some ideas...perhaps a widget for Don anyway!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    Another idea perhaps lefr field is a Lansing Heritage 5th Birthday nick nack...key ring..what ever. We would need to fund it obviously .

Ian
    That would be an interesting idea..

I support the earlier suggestion by Steve Schell.... Cabo sounds great....3 weeks isn't long enough plus how to figure out what speakers to pack will be a mind bender. Getting Don out of the snow and into the warm sun, sitting on the beach watching the sunsets, ladies stroll by....nice

All we need is for someone to win a lottery and then we could charter a plane and fly all over the world picking all of us up and dropping them off at Ken's place for a party.

One thing that would be cool, and for know way too much work,( an understatement for sure) is to have a listing of all the speakers, goodies, etc. that each of us has with picts.
    I was thinking along the lines of how the catalogs are. By year, pro or home line, Altec, JBL and Lansing Manufacture.... then by name, etc.
    Starting with the earliest and progressing to current models etc.
    That way one can get to see an actual photo of the speaker and componets etc. The listing of the person lucky enough to own them also....
    and contact info, email etc. if the owner desired to be contacted. So if someone travels they could pull up the info of the area they are headed to go have a listen or look see, or needed a part etc. Of course for pride too.
    At least for idea's it sounds good. Reality...is another factor.....

Then again, Cabo sounds nice.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Aloha
    On a more practical note....at least from my previous post...
    How about making a CD of test tones and other goodies that one can use for setting up, testing and just listening to fine music.
    I know other companies put out test CD's and even one test CD was created from the Bass list forum long ago.
    Could be a couple of them....one for testing..tones, sweeps, correct wiring etc...other CD's could be royalty free, donated or apporoved music to show off our systems. Could even be music created just for us...
    I know Altec used to give out a CD with their bigger speaker purchases.
    This could actually turn out to be a benefit to be sold as a fund raiser also.
    It would be nice to have the label actually printed on the CD itself. The audioheritage logo will do nice...
    I vote for the CD to be preferrably black. Takes more beating and scratches etc...before messing up. Then again....gold is nice.
    Songs...like flight of the cosmic hippo, Hotel California live...
    Artist...like...Ronnie Earl, Diana Krall
    Test tracks....Boston Acoustics bass test....
    are on my dream list....for the CD....
    What are your idea's to put on several CD's to be treasured by you and others...to enjoy and show off with?
    Or as I like to do.... drive the neighbors nuts with loud music....of course it is clean, smooth and has real nice bass...and no distortion...except for the distortion from the windows rattling...

Steve

Good Idea

Thats a good idea Steve, although I think there could be some copywrite issues if music tracks are included and its sold for profit. That being said, we could always create one and distribute it (outside the heritage site ) on a free basis amongst the members only. This would be on such a small scale that I doubt it would create a problem.

Ken

How about marking the occasion with a CD put together with tracks that make are JBLs shine and just sound great. A CD based on what we all agree are must listen too all time favorites. Ah never mind that may take till the 10 anniversary year to agree. If someone wants to put up another raffle together I'll finish the cabinets.

Quote Originally Posted by Don McRitchie
    May 25th marks the fifth anniversary of the public opening of this website and forum. That's around 25 years in internet time

Any suggestions on how to mark the occasion?
    Uhhh...

maybe get JBLsince 1959's dog to "mark" it?

Well, it's just a suggestion!
    40+ years of sacrifice...and for what???

Woof(er), woof(er)!! ( yes, yes)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5th Birthday nick nack...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie

Ian
    I think many of us would be willing to pay for a commemorative knick-knack like a key ring, or a logo-wristwatch. I always see ads pitching business-promotional items like this in airline magazines. I think there's ususally a one-time setup fee for adapting the logo-art for production, and then a per-piece price with some minimum order. Maybe start with a conservative percentage of the number of L-100 raffle ticket buyers as a starting guess-timate. Or just ask people to sign up ahead of time?

Glen
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

5th Anniversary awards

One way organizations celebrate is by recognizing the contributions of those who helped create and maintain the legacy we are honoring here. This could take the form of an award, a certificate of recognition, or a simple letter of thanks on behalf of our whole community.

I would propose five classes of recognition.

1. Engineering contribution, for the great technical innovations of the past.

2. Signature contribution, recognizing the work that help create Lansing's unique identity in the public's mind.

3. Historical contribution, for individuals who helped fill in the blanks in the long and sometimes convoluted story of JIm Lansing and his companies.

4. Ongoing contribution, for the people at JBL who's work and innovations uphold and promote the brand in today's marketplace.

5. Forum contributions, to those who have so generously shared their experience and knowledge with all of us who visit this site.

Our founders, who've had the closest interaction with most of these folks would have the best idea of who's most deserving, and what kind of "thank-you" they might appreciate.

Our recognition may amout to a small thing to some of these people who are world reknown in their chosen field, but surely they have earned our heartfelt thanks.

Glen
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

OR, we could get together, get drunk and go get a tatoo saying Lansing heritage

Thread Information