I picked up my Valencias a couple of months ago and they're quite nice with the tube gear I'm using. I have been attempting to get a bit better bass out of them. Bass much below 100hz is muddy and rolls off rather quickly - at least to my ears and some rather crude measurments with a signal generator, mic and a recorder via high-end DAC/ADC. These are 16 ohm Valencias and the use of different taps on the amps (HK Citation II or Mac MC-225s) have not changed this characteristic.

The crossovers, N-800-Fs, were reworked prior to my ownership by replacement of the caps with polys. These had been removed from their aluminium cases and hand-wired to a small piece of hardboard along with some of the original chokes.

I've begun to suspect that, perhaps, these were not rewired correctly during the rebuild. For one, there are 2 of these chokes still in the original cans and not wired into the existing circuits.

Can anyone point me to the schematic for the N-800-F? I've checked the excellent archives but do not find this exact model there.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

David