Thread: Another CD player topic

Another CD player topic

My main reason for this test is to find a player to replace my 1)DVD/SACD/DVD-A player 2)standalone CD player.

Has anyone ever tried any universal players and found one they like or do you still use a seperate piece for cd function?
    I have on demo a Esoteric DV-50s UV player, A Denon 3910 UV Player with a Musical fidelity DAC.
    Testing aginst my Yamaha DVD2300MKII UV Player and my adcom GCD-750 CD Player.

First test was the Denon (without DAC) aginst my Yamaha. The Denon has a very slight edge in video aginst the Yamaha. Audio was better on the Yamaha with a wider sound stage. The Yamaha does not sound as good as the Adcom on CD's. I have not tried the dac yet...

Then I pluged the Esoteric in.... and... WOW!! OMG!!
    This thing has a very natural and wide sound stage. Very tight and clean in the low freq range with crystal clear mids and highs. Transparent on all music I have listened to so far. I have tried Classic Rock, Jazz, Classical, Techno.
    Does anyone have experiance with these or other players that they can share?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information