Thread: Does the 127h-1 have "SFG"?

jay

Does the 127h-1 have "SFG"?

Hi guys, I was just doing an A/B with my L150's and L80T's and noted that the 127h-1's in the 80's seems to have a greater amount of distortion than the 128h's in the L150's.

So, remembering that the 128H has SFG, I wonder if the 127h-1 has it too? Or is the 127h-1 a plain old conventional iron-magnet motored driver?

I checked the available factory lit, and there's no mention of it. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't there, since the L80T was a relative 'bottom feeder' in the line up in those days

I'd be grateful if anyone has a definitive answer.

The 127H-1 has the SFG motor. Where are you runing into trouble?? Uses the same drivers as the 4410 broadcast monitor.

http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ies/page03.jpg

Rob

[QUOTE=jay]Hi guys, I was just doing an A/B with my L150's and L80T's and noted that the 127h-1's in the 80's seems to have a greater amount of distortion than the 128h's in the L150's.

... I would NOT say that the 127H-1 (definately SFG) in my 4410's is very "distorted" compared to the 128H in my 4411's.

Surround issue? loose dustcap? need a recone?, gasket missing? Is it something with the mid?

jay
    HEy, thanks for the answers guys! I'm a little red-faced to admit that what I heard as a higer level of distortion was really an echo caused by the rear-firing port of the L80's bouncing off the wall. Pulling them out a foot cleaned up the sound nicely!

Thanks for the 'sound' pointers!

Thread Information