Would you be willing to part with two L36 10" Woofers?

Quote Originally Posted by warpig View Post
Sup All
Great sight here and alot of info.

I currently own 6 JBL L36 speakers. I just sent 2 of the woofers out for recone. The individual who reconed the speakers did a fine job. Craftsmenship looks excellent. There is a problem though one of the woofers seems to be warped or bent or something and it did not workout. I know when it burnt up it would not move any. So is this a common accurance. He called JBL and the replacement that they recommend is a 125HR. I went ahead and ordered one of these. Will it be as good as the orginal?

On that same note. I have had the orginal set of L36 speakers from when they were brand new 27 years or something. I used to get them reconed when just a reedge would do. But now they are digging deep into my pocket. I will have 500 dollars into them when its said and done. Are there any good replacement speakers that anyone would recommend. I sure hate to do it this way but it is my understanding that harmon is fixing to stop making parts for the L166, L100 and L36 and the rise in cost may shift me over to some other speaker.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Sorry for the spelling also.