Thread: racks....

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"

racks....

have an opportunity to buy a bello 5 rack audio system for holding my gear.... $25

are they decent racks -- I see that they are expensive, but are they alright....

right now all my crap is in touring boxes and the wife is starting to get miffed at all the crates in the basement, thought this might be an alright solution.....

have any of you seen/used these racks.....

For $25 you can't lose. You'll save that on nylon ties that you would be using on a make shift shelf system when routing all your wires.

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"

cool

THANX

I'll post pics of my system after I get it all purtied up........
    been meaning to for a long time.....

Does it fit standard 19" or do you have to take the ears off?? I ended up customizing a rack my wife got at a garage sale. It was wide enough for 19" componenets. It worked great just had to add the mounting bars, remove a shelf and install heavier coasters as it had real cheapies that didn't support the weight of the amps that well. I am always looking for decent and inexpensive racks. Shoot us up a picture if you can.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bello

I have had a few different Bello racks and they are very nice.
    I would recomend them

Nice system!

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    Does it fit standard 19" or do you have to take the ears off?? I ended up customizing a rack my wife got at a garage sale. It was wide enough for 19" componenets. It worked great just had to add the mounting bars, remove a shelf and install heavier coasters as it had real cheapies that didn't support the weight of the amps that well. I am always looking for decent and inexpensive racks. Shoot us up a picture if you can.

Rob
    Rob,
    I like your system pic! As a Crown enthusiast from way back, I have to ask how do you like your D150A series II's? Are you running them as bridged mono amps with the third amp being a sub amp? I still have my IC-150A preamp in my office system with a Hafler DH500, and my old original model DC300 amp is retired in the box. Which JBL's are you using with this system?

Best regards,

Peter

Hello Peter

Thank You!

I have liked Crowns too. I run a pair of 4344's and XPL200a clones biamped with that system. The 150 Series 2 are strapped as mono amps. Above them is a Crown PS-200 for the highs. Crossover is an M552 at 300Hz. I have a 5235 in the wings, all I have to do is build the 290Hz cards so I can run the 4344's with the "correct" crossover. The preamp is an older Technics R+B series can be run DC coupled no caps with a great phono section and all the stuff you used to get on preamps like a real subsonic filter, a mono switch and excellent hingeable tone controls that can be set-up to only work at the extemes. My main set-up is also all Crown amps I use 3 PS-200 there and a strapped 150 for my center channel. Really like them nice and quiet and they sound very nice. I like your L220's got to hear my first Telarc LP demo through a pair. The old Firebird and I got blown away by it!!

Rob

Nice!

Rob,

Nice, very nice!

It looked like maybe you had the 150 series II's bridged because of the gain settings. I bet they do nicely with the 4344's. Although I have gotten into MAC amps pretty exclusively these days I have never lost my liking to the Crown amps. My two favorite amp brands. From what you mentioned of your main setup I'll bet that's really nice too, I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of that! I just visited the Crown site last night and that was very interesting, as always. I always liked their Distinction series-the SA2, PSA2, EQ2, etc. I'd still grab some more Crown stuff if the circumstances were right...!

Best regards,

Peter

Hello Peter

Thank You!

I have liked Crowns too. I run a pair of 4344's and XPL200a clones biamped with that system. The 150 Series 2 are strapped as mono amps. Above them is a Crown PS-200 for the highs. Crossover is an M552 at 300Hz. I have a 5235 in the wings, all I have to do is build the 290Hz cards so I can run the 4344's with the "correct" crossover. The preamp is an older Technics R+B series can be run DC coupled no caps with a great phono section and all the stuff you used to get on preamps like a real subsonic filter, a mono switch and excellent hingeable tone controls that can be set-up to only work at the extemes. My main set-up is also all Crown amps I use 3 PS-200 there and a strapped 150 for my center channel. Really like them nice and quiet and they sound very nice. I like your L220's got to hear my first Telarc LP demo through a pair. The old Firebird and I got blown away by it!!

Rob

Here is a photo of my main rack, left main and center channel. The rack is the 3 PS-200, 3 Urei 539's EQ's for front channels an M552 and 553 and Behringer 8024 for RTA. Speakers are Le-14 subs E-145's, 2123 and 2416's with 2344 horns Crossover points are 50Hz 300Hz and 1.5K. Center channel is an Urei 811C clone, rears are L20T's. This has been stable for over a year and a half now. Took a while to get to that driver set but I like it as is so I think I am sticking. I want to build more efficient rears, have the drivers 2118's/2404's just need to get off my butt.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Really cool!

Rob,
    That's a whole lotta cool stuff...and I bet it's a lotta fun to listen to
    too! I see in your profile you are in NY, are you in the city or upstate? I try to visit my family in upstate annually (Binghamton area). I don't know if I'll make it this year though, due to employment/money issues and caring for my mother after a recent stroke. But, you never know...it would be really cool to meet.
    Best regards,

Peter

Here is a photo of my main rack, left main and center channel. The rack is the 3 PS-200, 3 Urei 539's EQ's for front channels an M552 and 553 and Behringer 8024 for RTA. Speakers are Le-14 subs E-145's, 2123 and 2416's with 2344 horns Crossover points are 50Hz 300Hz and 1.5K. Center channel is an Urei 811C clone, rears are L20T's. This has been stable for over a year and a half now. Took a while to get to that driver set but I like it as is so I think I am sticking. I want to build more efficient rears, have the drivers 2118's/2404's just need to get off my butt.

Rob

Thread Information