Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4350 Monitor Plans

Hi,
    perhaps you can help me.
    I want to change the terminals to my JBLs 4350 first series (with A later the serial number).
    Do you know me to say as the plate with the original terminals is fixed at box? Is possible remove it without damage the speaker?
    I would want to do a new èlate with a WBT's terminal to use my heavy cables.
    Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Paky33
    Hi,
    perhaps you can help me.
    I want to change the terminals to my JBLs 4350 first series (with A later the serial number).
    Do you know me to say as the plate with the original terminals is fixed at box? Is possible remove it without damage the speaker?
    I would want to do a new èlate with a WBT's terminal to use my heavy cables.
    Thanks for your help
    No problems to install new terminals.

Rolf

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf
    No problems to install new terminals.

Rolf
    Thanks Rolf for the answer.
    I would want to know how the plate of the original terminalses has fixed in the announcer.
    Do you know it?
    Is it alone glued or also screwed?
    Have you had experience with different terminals?
    Thanks for your patience!

Hey, Rick...

In the advanced interest in parsing things "better" here, I'm moving this to Technical Help, since it is far beyond "General". One day, this might constitute a Thread in "JBL Authentic Reconstruction", or some such.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Hello Rick

Nice thread!!! I have the 4350 Manual I will tack on. If you want I can get it into the Library or on a profile thread if you don't want it here or think it's out of context.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by Paky33
    Thanks Rolf for the answer.
    I would want to know how the plate of the original terminalses has fixed in the announcer.
    Do you know it?
    Is it alone glued or also screwed?
    Have you had experience with different terminals?
    Thanks for your patience!
    Hi. I changed terminals a log time ago on a pair of 4333A's, and as far as I can remember I removed the woofer and then have access to the terminals from the inside. The terminals are attached with a nut only. I made the holes in the plate larger, so they fit the new terminals.

I believe any quality terminal is good. (I refuse to believe it is possible to hear changes in sound with that )

Rolf

4350 Monitor Plans

Hi Rob: I would say that the 4350 Manual fits into this thread nicely. Thanx for adding it. Might be nice to include it in the library too - might take a while before it shows up though.

Thanks - Rick

Hi Bo: Technical is likely a better arena for this type of material. I initiated the thread in "General" thinking that one of you "Mods" might eventually move it elsewhere. Seems like "General" is a good place to ask questions and expose new info, when you're not sure where it ultimately belongs. Thanx - Rick

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    Hey, Rick...

In the advanced interest in parsing things "better" here, I'm moving this to Technical Help, since it is far beyond "General". One day, this might constitute a Thread in "JBL Authentic Reconstruction", or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf
    Hi. I changed terminals a log time ago on a pair of 4333A's, and as far as I can remember I removed the woofer and then have access to the terminals from the inside. The terminals are attached with a nut only. I made the holes in the plate larger, so they fit the new terminals.

I believe any quality terminal is good. (I refuse to believe it is possible to hear changes in sound with that )

Rolf
    Thanks Rolf,
    I wanted to know if I succeeded in removing the original plate to replace it with a new with above the new terminals.
    On other speakers I have felt a great difference replacing the terminals.
    I don't know if on the my 4350 there will be this difference but surely I can use bigger cables and of best quality.
    Pasquale

Building the 4350

After months of screwing around with other projects, I've decided to restart my 4350 project. I have always had two major problems building big cabinets like the 4350's. First is getting every piece cut uniform and SQUARE. If the pieces are not square and true to size the cabinet will not go together right. The second problem is properly clamping it during assembly, without using a dozen or so pipe style cabinet clamps. On this project I have somehow managed to solve these problems.

All pieces were jig/fixture cut to specs within 1/64" and damn if I don't have perfect square corners too. And I now have my new "Super Wamadyne, Non-Self Loading, Non-Automated, FULL MANUAL Cabinet Press". I finished it yesterday and gave it a test run this morning. Seems to work perfect and I'll add on some side clamps later.

Here's some pics. If anyone decides to build a big pair of cabinets let me know. When I'm done using it I can put it in the loaner department - you pay the R/T freight.

You are a true master of construction.

Quote Originally Posted by riessen
    After months of screwing around with other projects, I've decided to restart my 4350 project. I have always had two major problems building big cabinets like the 4350's. First is getting every piece cut uniform and SQUARE. If the pieces are not square and true to size the cabinet will not go together right. The second problem is properly clamping it during assembly, without using a dozen or so pipe style cabinet clamps. On this project I have somehow managed to solve these problems.

All pieces were jig/fixture cut to specs within 1/64" and damn if I don't have perfect square corners too. And I now have my new "Super Wamadyne, Non-Self Loading, Non-Automated, FULL MANUAL Cabinet Press". I finished it yesterday and gave it a test run this morning. Seems to work perfect and I'll add on some side clamps later.

Here's some pics. If anyone decides to build a big pair of cabinets let me know. When I'm done using it I can put it in the loaner department - you pay the R/T freight.
    wow...perfect work
    16 Hz can not be substituted

Hot Off he Press

The new cabinet press worked real well but as I expected, I need to add side clamps. Here's two cabinets together and ready for veneer. After I get some more aluminum and weld up the side clamps I'll post another pic.

Regis
    Rick,
    Excellent work as usual! You've gotta be proud, but I gotta ask, who helps you lift these things around?

Hey Rick,

I would say 'I'm impressed', but I'm not. I've come to almost expect that everything you do has a great attention to detail. I am surprised by the press you built; When you first described it to me- I imagined it would be much larger and clumsy- shoulda known it too would be beautiful!
    This may sound sacreligious, but I don't think anyone building an original 4350 at JBL had as much appreciation as you do for them. Those babies are built with LOVE!
    This thread is wonderful to read and look at even though I never plan to build my own. You have a wonderful amount of insight to the 4350. It kinda goes without saying, but I will anyways:
    Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and build experience with us. Know that it is greatly appreciated!
    Carry on.

Travis.

Thread Information