Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4350 - Meet Rosie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4350 - Meet Rosie

Just brought her home from the beauty shop today. Her sister Rose is still there and will require a lot of work, being the uglier of the two. Maybe in a couple weeks if I can stay on track. Still need a couple more coats of oil and will need to make new grills (hope that roll of Blue Cloth comes thru as I'd hate to use my wife's old drapes). Took the grills off one of my walnut 4350's for the pic. Waiting for the 2231A's to come back with new cone kits installed and will get this one buttoned up. Everything was restored to original (except for the Rosewood veneer and trim or course) - new baffle paint and velcro tabs, new black removable base and eye bolts in the bottom. First time I've done anything major in Rosewood and I'm pleased with the results. I do love these big monitors - wish I had a big enough house to have a pair in every room. My wife rarely says anything but she'd probably draw the line on that idea. Pics at www.lubecentersys.com/4350resto. Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I apparantly need a tutor to tell me how to include pics with a post. Giskard helped me out last time and I still haven't figured it out. I tried to include a couple pics with this post but they don't show up. "Push The Button" - "Get A Banana" right, even a monkey should be able to do it. Maybe a step - by - step from someone out there will get me on track. Thanx

Looks like I figured it out, with some help!! Thanx Audiokarma

Quote Originally Posted by riessen
    I apparantly need a tutor to tell me how to include pics with a post. Giskard helped me out last time and I still haven't figured it out. I tried to include a couple pics with this post but they don't show up. "Push The Button" - "Get A Banana" right, even a monkey should be able to do it. Maybe a step - by - step from someone out there will get me on track. Thanx

Now that is a nice looking 4350!

Congratulations!

Widget

Rosewood and JBL - To Die For!

Rick,

You are not being clear to all the boys and girls out there: You did the refurb & veneer work; stunningly beautiful!

Gorgeous

Hmmm. Simply friggin beautiful!

Congrats

Big Rosie

Got the woofs back from recone so I put all of the components in the cabinet. This is as done as I'll get till I make grills. A couple of guys asked what Rosie looked like before the overhaul. From these pics you'll be able to tell the difference. She could sing, man could she sing - but I just couldn't stand looking at her. She's worlds better now.

First 2 pictures -

Last picture (the before pic?) :shock:

Uh, yeah. Great job on the restoration. I'm glad you're putting new grilles on that rack!!

Regards,

Bart

The pic of Rosie was just a pulse check to see if you guys are actually awake while cruising the forum. She's actually Miss May (her name is Rosie) from the 2005 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Lingerie Calendar. Makes you want to eat doughnuts while listening to your favorite JBL's. I have a bad habit of naming some of my favorite audio gear. Have a real rare black face SAE Mark IIICM Power Amp and her name is Ole Black Betty. "Simple Strokes For Simple Folks".

Those 4350's are pretty. Funny, I've been looking at the pics for 10 minutes with a pair sitting behind me. Been loving my pair for over 25 years now. Quite the pool of talent around this site, and I much admire your work. I'm also enjoying the thread, 4350 monitor plans, very thorough - and way out of my league. Chuck

That's really impressing Rick.

Way to go.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

Rosie and Rose

I've finally brought the restoration project of Big Rosie and her sister to a close. I've been done for a while with the exception of building and covering the grilles. "Tip Of The Day" - when choosing your grille material - don't choose cheese cloth, don't choose terry cloth and don't choose crocus cloth - Choose Zilch Cloth. The blue cloth that Zilch is supplying is awesome. The results were surprising and although I have original grilles of varying shades of blue, this cloth is right on the money. My 4350B's now have clothes on and a new look. On to another project. Here's a few pics of the end result.

Rick

4350B Pics

pics

4350B Pics

Pics

I was wondering where you went.

Nice!

Who ended up doing all your networks?

Thread Information