Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBay ID List

eBay ID List

The subject has arisen several times. I try to be respectful of other forum members bidding on JBL items, but I don't always know who's who. Perhaps a private forum could be available with a cross-reference list for eBay handles and forum ID's. You'd have to be listed to access it, maybe....

That will never work. Maybe if you post up front on the forum that you really need the item because it is the last piece of a project you require maybe some members will stay out of the running and then again maybe they have been looking forever and a day for the same item. And what about the guys that are looking at something that is almost going for nothing and they figure with the right promotion they could flip it for big bucks. Well that is just my take on it.

Well, it don't NECESSARILY mean stay away. All it means is CONSIDER that one of your pals from here is also bidding on the item.

It'd also be good to be able to tell if a seller is a forum member rather than some kid parting out stolen property, if that matters....

Many members are easily identified, but I doubt anybody'd recognize "colonics*r*us" as being a forumite .

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    I doubt that anybody'd recognize that "colonics*r*us" is a forumite .
    Well... probably not without a big flashlight...

"colonics*r*us"

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Well... probably not without a big flashlight...
    Dammit, Giskard!!!
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Cool

When it becomes evident to me (as it did recently) that a forum member with a specific need is bidding on an item, I consider withholding bids. In a few cases I've knowingly stopped bidding.

Still, I don't want others to know my eBay ID and have them start building relationships around my bidding habits. It is, after all, a freakin' auction.

I'd hate to see our cordial relationships here become tainted by our behavior there.

"Oh yeah, he's the f@^king moron who took those mint drivers away from me, after I PMed him that I was bidding and really needed them."

"Well, I didn't want to bid because INSANEjblfanaticDestroyer always gets POed when somone outbids him."

"Yeah, I wanted that set of speakers, but LansingLooney PMed me to please, please, please let him have them because he'd been looking so long, and now the bastard is parting them out at a profit."

So, NO, I'd rather not know, and I'd rather not put our relationships to that kind of test. If someone really wants something, just post it here and let the members decide in their own hearts what to do.

If I want something on eBay or elsewhere, I'm not telling anyone I'm bidding. I'm just bidding to win.
    Out.

Well I could have outbid someone here recently on a new 2344's cos I felt like it but I didn't, even though I have a need for that horn .

I consider E Bay an open market.

Ian

May the best man win....

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome

If I want something on eBay or elsewhere, I'm not telling anyone I'm bidding. I'm just bidding to win.
    Exactly...You may see quite a few of my posts in the Marketplace section as I (as many if you do I'm sure) tend to keep an eye on ebay as well as Audiogon.

But I'm sure as hell not going to post a heads-up for something I really want to buy myself....ebay is an open market and may the best JBL fan win. It doesn't always take the biggest wallet either. You sort of develop an "ebay sense" as you learn. "Is that a fraduster or just a newbie with no camera" ?

All of my best buys were from either new sellers, sellers with bad (or no) html editing sense, or sellers whose buyer didn't come through. Always remember to email sellers even if you don't think you're going to win the bid. You'd be surprised how often they'll take a second offer after a flaky buyer backs out.

Actually, I kind of enjoy it when I get outbid by a forum member. At least I know the stuff is going to a good home.
    I've been outbid by andresohc, vettedrummer, Giskard and many others. It's a fairly small community of fanatics and we're bound to be bumping into each other on these auctions.

jblnut

That being said....

Now that I said all that stuff about bidding and the free market and all ....if you could all stay away from that 018Ti auction I'd surely appreciate it. These are small speakers and probably don't sound that good anyway. How much bass can you get from a single 5" driver ? Not much I'd reckon and those tweeters are probably junk by now. Who needs a small 2-way when JBL makes such fine large 3 and 4-way systems ? Surely not me .

There's plenty of L100 auctions that I could point you all to instead.....

jblnut

Sure,

Any other forum member bidding on that auction will get a visit from the "colonics*r*us" courtesy van....

[Gotta make up a logo here. In the spirit of "Reddie Kilowatt," but the little guy with the bag and hose's name will be "Fleet."]

"colonics*r*us"
    We Fleet!

Same applies to those LE25's item number: 7302890121 in Oz.

I've been waiting for (1) to come up for an eternity. So mitts of thankyou.

And when I get it installed if it gets pocked in by who ever they will get a hot candle up their clacka!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut
    There's plenty of L100 auctions that I could point you all to instead.....
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Exclamation

Man, I didn't even KNOW I needed an 018Ti or an LE-25! Now I just gotta get some. What're those auction nos.?

Let the games begin.

Out.

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut
    Now that I said all that stuff about bidding and the free market and all .... There's plenty of L100 auctions that I could point you all to instead.....

jblnut
    Just point me to a nice L96 auction, please. Thanks!
    Paying debt to Karma...

Thread Information