Thread: The vintage sound wins

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mike C

The vintage sound wins

hey guys, today I bought my girlfriend her first pair of JBL speakers. She wanted a home theatre system so I opted for the Northridge series. As her budget is limited we decided to get the rears first, model N-28. We got them home and upacked them to see a very asthetically funky little speaker, the build seemed to be typical of most massed produced speaker systems ( a little light on ). By the way I saw the "made in Mexico sticker", ( whats worse Mexico or China ) from where I'm standing who cares. The sound!, well it was very impressive for a 8" two way. Not with standing they are new and no burn in time, they are spacious and a little forward ( typical of most JBL products ) although not much happens under 80 cycles (one of my 18" 2241's fixed that ). Well couriosity got to me I dragged out an old pair of Decade 16's I have to see how the vintage 8" two ways stacked up against JBL's latest consumer models. A famous old Aussie saying came to mind, " age shall not weary them" . I think may be JBL has let there guard down a little, they have used a little different bait on their hook and gone for the new age look and not the golden sound they have built their name on. Maybe I'm been a little harsh though as my gf loves them and that makes me very happy as guess what I'm gettin tonight! :
    Last edited by Mike C; 08-08-2003 at 08:04 AM.

Thread Information