Hello all,
Falling under the catagory search first, Whatd I get myself into? I have a pretty good idea.
Picked up a couple of projects, C34's that have spent about 6 years in a south georgia pole barn. ( seriously tho this place is the resthaven for JBL and Altec equipment you cant walk around with out running into some vintage treasure. there was a voice of the theatre peering out from between a tree and an international scout )
The bases are toast as is the veneer fortunatly the water didnt get into the important wood. One of the 130E's works but has seen better days the other is in great shape, 175's gone, grilles gone, crossovers functional.
Heres one question tho one clearly is Lansing its built from lumber core, and hidden under the varnish top front and center was jim lansing signature. The other tho has the same jointery, dimensions, cleats and general construction but is made from 5 ply and I couldnt find any evidence of a signature. Could this also be a lansing or just a real good copy? Also any chance of replacement of the jim lansing signature?
This is more rennovation than restoration. The plan is to go back on with teak veneer to match my grace tone arm havnt yet decided tho to send both 130's in for recone so they match, save money and just send one, or offer up the one good one get a wasted replacement and send that pair in so Im not wastefully reconing an original. The remaining is what to do about the horns I have a pair of 2301's with 2425H's but will require extensive modification to make them fit good complete 175's with out breaking the bank seem hard to come by.
Thats my project, current mains are mellow monsters I built in high school.
Laterz
AJ