Hi All,

I'd like your thoughts on the following question: Considering the L300/Summit and the 4333/A/B, are they pretty much equivalent in sound and design, or are there small tweaks to one or the other that makes any significant difference?

I have a pair of L300's in pretty good shape (8/10) and a pair of 4333A's that were "modified" by a previous owner - he painted the front baffle black, removed the foilcals, changed control knobs on the pots, and "added" a pair of bullet 075's to the extra hole not occupied by the 077 slots. I haven't had a chance to dig into them to see if he actually added a crossover with that or what. The cabinets are about a 6/10 with several veneer chips missing from the top and a couple from the sides while the bottoms used to have bolted on casters (JBL made some casters but I don't know if these were them) which were removed before I got them - so they have some through holes on the bottom corners

I've had a couple opportunities in the past to pick up some L300 cabinets and I was giving some serious thoughts to transferring my good drivers over to the L300's and rebuilding those instead of trying to ressurect the 4333A's. I've got the grille labels but getting the foilcals have proven impossible - although I think I remember Giskard had a ready to make pattern he developed for the 4333A foilcal. Do you think refurbishing the 4333A's a better use of time or transplant in to the L300's cabs, if I find them?

To me they sound pretty close to the same, but I get an impression the 4333A can go a little deeper (sl. bigger volume in cabinet?) but that may also be due to their sitting the woofer lower to the ground? I try to disregard the slight brightness of mine due to the extra tweeters.

Anyway, let me know what you think, especially if you've had the chance to compare them closely.

Regards,

Bart