Thread: soon as you get it you want something new

soon as you get it you want something new

Help,

I have fallen into vintage speaker frenzy! Today I lost out to a pair of 12"Tannoy Monitor Golds. This is after just purchasing or should I say stealing for 75 bucks a pair od Ohm Walsh 2's. I can't seem to shake of those Tannoys and my dream of a gargantuan cabinet! Someone please slap some sense into me I have a great pair of JBL 4313b Control Monitors that rip the heads of both of my Vintage Polk Monitors. I have come here seeking solice into the Lansing Domain of true audio speaker wisdom.

speakers I own

Polk 7b, polk 5M, Infinity 2500 monitor, Ohm Walsh 2's, Piece of shi$@#@%# Cambridge for upstairs surround system, and the Lovely JBL 4313b Control Monitors. I am planning on constructing a listening room in the garage this summer and would'nt be surprised if the JBL's smokes em all!

Neoman
    Last edited by Neoman; 04-24-2005 at 09:53 PM. Reason: spell

Welcome

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I think you're already headed in the right direction with your thinking..I too own a pair of 4313B's and they are nice speakers..I'm sure you will find plenty of solace among the members here!

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter Solace is what I need and know I can get from my 4313's

Cheers,

Neoman

Unhappy "No solace for you"

You have many speakers but they will not give you peace until you have more JBLs. Then you'll have the same peace I have.
    Out.

[QUOTE=Neoman]
    speakers I own

Polk 7b, polk 5M, Infinity 2500 monitor, Ohm Walsh 2's, Piece of shi$@#@%# Cambridge for upstairs surround system, and the Lovely JBL 4313b Control Monitors. QUOTE]
    Sell the others, use the $ for buying more JBL's. Try the Performance Series, maybe. Pretty good buys.

Words of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    You have many speakers but they will not give you peace until you have more JBLs. Then you'll have the same peace I have.
    Oh, so very true! You must go out and get more JBL's immediately!

This is a special day for me and my 4313B's. Today I received the L100 stands I sold with my L100's 23 years ago..I hooked up with the fellow that I sold them to in 1982, and he wasn't using them and sold them back to me for $25!! I'm using them with my 4313B's, I plan on making new (shorter) front to back supports to make up for the shallower cabinet of the 4313's, as opposed to the L100's. Such nostalgia, and to have back the actual stands I once used with the L100's!

I wish you peace, solace, and above all JBL!!

Peter

Thread Information