Well, not really, but they are different. Am just about finished restoring a very badly cared for pair of 4343's. For anyone interested some pics of the project are posted at www.lubecentersys.com/4343s . Have not completed the grills yet and the second cabinet is being laquer finished and will be repopulated with components this coming week. My first thought when finding this pair was to ebay the internals and burn the cabinets. I really didn't need another project but couldn't bare the thought of trashing them, sooooo, on with an overhaul. Almost all corners and cabinet edges were gouged or smashed in. Every edge and corner was replaced with new wood - oak where it wouldn't show and particle board along the back edges to blend in with the 1" thick particle board cabinet material. A serious number of gouges in the surface of the veneer were filled and decked flat. New veneer and trim is white oak finished in golden oak with satin laquer. I do love the walnut that JBL used on their pro monitors, the quality of which is not available in today's market, but they sold us all short by not offering them in oak too and I figured I need a pair of something done in Oak. Since they had to be restored and will no longer be strictly original anyway, I felt no obligation to use walnut (would have if I could get my hands on a time machine to go back to JBL 25 years ago and con their cabinet makers out of some good veneer. Hope to get some grills on them soon but that's a totally different project to exactly duplicate the factory grills. Pics coming soon of my 4350 restoration efforts. Am near laying veneer (Honduran Rosewood) and thanx to a couple of forum members I have located the 3107's and 2202's needed to make them complete. Rick