Thread: crossover query

crossover query

I posted to general forum. Re-wording this one. I recently purchased four 808-8A drivers, on horns. Two of them came with 809-8A crossovers. Two came with, "Wave Instruments 1200 Series crossovers". I know from your tech library where the 809-8A's cross. I have no idea where these other ones cross. It would be a shame, to have been lucky enough to acquire these awesome horns, and then ruin them with to low a frequency. Thanks for any information on these other crossovers. I have been all over the net looking, and found nothing.

Thanks.
    MrManic

Post pics

I believe there were some answers on that one. Another possiblity is to open it up and reverse engineer them.

More info in necessary if you want more answers. There are very knowledgable people here, but we can't read minds, hence the request for more info and/or pics to give a direction here.

Good Luck!

Ron

Aware of needing help.

I originally posted to both, general and technical. Trying to cover the bases you know. My wife is the nerd in the family,computer programmer for Tel company. She set up the web cam for these photo's. I try to get by, learning enough to get me by. I realized these old drivers and horns where a treasure. I have great hands, and can build anything. House, antique Volvo, Mahogany ski boat, sure. As for reverse engineering a x-over network, not. It took me several days of reading to find out why anyone would want pictures of some old horns/x-overs. I sent the photo's to general forum, as that is where I started the thread. The attenuator is 5o ohm 1amp. The transformers, 1.7Mh 5amp. No nums for capacitors, sorry. The horn flares are 511B. I tried running some tones from my synthesizer through the x-overs. They cross low. I know these 808-8A's are great drivers. But I think the recomended x is higher than these x-overs are. My ignorance is why I keep learning. I did not mean to negate anyone. I built my first speakers at 13. Now 46. I have built home, auto, and pro audio. Learning enough to get by. I sing lead in a local band. We have 3500 watts of PA, 900 watts of monitor, all Peavey drivers except a pair of dual, 12 inch subs, push/pull configured, isobaric, bandpass in a box of 3.5 cubic feet, Eminence, very powerfull. I have made all the bins. White with gold flake spray. And up until now not a decent driver amongst the lot. I have a lot of catch up to do, before I attempt any hand formed straight horns. Good thing I am MrManic. I meant no offense. Forum partners from all over the world talking one subject, which is greek to my wife. Must be heaven!
    Thank you, or anyone else for that matter.
    Erik.

Taking a guess from the name...

The "wave" crossover would be 1200hz.

ron

Thread Information