Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Call for Moderators

Well I missed most of the turmoil that went on, but with all the moderaters that we might be signing up, it will be like having 8 new Marshalls in Dodge

Hey, John...

Not an unreasonable sentiment. I've not been consulted, but I can share that on other forums which are growing at this rate they have parsed out the oversight and it works by of awareness - that is, members know they will get detention if they stray and compromise the intent and opportunity of the forum.

Misinterpretations occur, very commonly from error in deciphering context, and the moderator role is to guide the thread to a safe and constructive landing - it is not to inhibit, obstruct nor dominate.

Recusing myself from myself, I can vote that Don's nominees fulfill that role aptly, IMO.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

I agree they are all good choices, but we all have to stop and think, and remember this is a meeting place to exchange ideas and make friends, If you want to start a war run for political office and stay the hell out of here. OOPS can I say "HELL"

I think the point is we don't want to start wars, but sometimes even the most thoughtful of us say things that on reflection we wish we hadn't. Hopefully having someone available to nudge the discussion gently but appropriately it will self correct... I believe that is the goal anyway.

Oh what the hell... (oops, I said it too) this forum is still growing up and these are growing pains.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by John
    ...If you want to start a war run for political office and stay the hell out of here.
    Bingo. Moderators do not start war - never seen it happen.

As Don now does steer us to sanity, so will they. I believe, they will only moderate those crossing the appropriate etiquette line, and will maintain and sustain a semblance of order and global opportunity for contribution...

At the worst, this will partially relieve Don of the growing duty, and hopefully his new-found time will be manifest in posting more archival insight.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Wink Keep that bullet in your pocket, Barney

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Well I missed most of the turmoil that went on, but with all the moderaters that we might be signing up, it will be like having 8 new Marshalls in Dodge
    Or more like one Doc, one Miss Kitty, three Newlies, two Chesters, and a Festus, but I'll let you decide which is whom.

All I can say is Festus better not knock the L100s or I'll be on him like ugly on an ape, or stink on a hog, or stubborn on a mule, or
    Out.

Cool The most evolved...

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    Just call me Darwin of the JBL Legacy - we need to upgrade our species and experience higher and more evolved forms of fine JBL engineering...
    Hence, your love for the Tik, Performance, K2, and Synthesis lines, no doubt, Charles?
    Out.

I've been quite distant from all this crap (9000 miles away) and I wonder if this is an over reaction.

The last spill or real punch up (discounting Yuri) was some months ago.

In my experience on diyaudio.com over 4 years now is that intense moderation does not help as the beans a spilt by the time a moderator steps in.

Prevention is better than a cure, and self regulation can work.

We have sin bin over there where offenders are put for 30 days - 3months.

Of course open threats are un acceptable and should be give a life ban if no appology or mediation can be sort.

ian

Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by Don McRitchie
    Okay

I think we have enough names. For now, the list of moderators is:
    Boputnam
    Hofmannhp
    Ian Mackenzie
    JBLnut
    Mr. Widget
    Robh3606
    scott fitlin
    yggdrasil

Thanks Guys for your kind nomination.....I love you all....
    but it's not easy for me to follow the forums traffic regular in cause of a lot of project work in different countries during the next 8 or more months. This may cause some 4 or 5 days of absence in Russia, Libya, Luxembourg and a lot of cities in germany. Beside this....ok, let's go.
    Well...I don't hink that the language will not be the problem.....guess you understood what I had to say.
    The above named highly appreciated member-friends have my vote.....BTW: whats with Alex Lancaster? and Guido?

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    Just call me Darwin of the JBL Legacy - we need to upgrade our species and experience higher and more evolved forms of fine JBL engineering...
    ....and that's what I was doing when I upgraded my L100's with the L220's 23 years ago. But, for some reason, I still miss my L100's. I don't know what it is about the L100...:dont-know

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    All I can say is Festus better not knock the L100s or I'll be on him like ugly on an ape, or stink on a hog, or stubborn on a mule, or

Hilarious!
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Hell!

Adult language, within reason, should be considered acceptable, in my opinion, on this forum! Unless the language being used is to intimidate or make threat!

HELL, its as simple as that!

scottyj

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    Adult language, within reason, should be considered acceptable, in my opinion, on this forum! Unless the language being used is to intimidate or make threat!

I agree 100 percent. This way, we can have a HELL of a good time here!!

Way to go Scott!

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin

Yes, I agree.

More moderators should not mean more involvement in discussions. It should mean better response when the line is crossed.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

Quote Originally Posted by yggdrasil
    More moderators should not mean more involvement in discussions. It should mean better response when the line is crossed.
    Yes, that is all.

Except: Johnny, would you get that child off your speaker!
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Thread Information