My reason for suggesting moderators was due to the fact the Robh3606 or Mr. Widget could have prevented further posts and moved the exchange offline. They were both in attendance. They are perfectly aware of the difference between a heated exchange and a full blown confrontation.

Certain posts were made, very early on, and the authors could have been asked by a moderator for clarification and modification. I think moderators are required as this site continues to slip from being the place to go for top notch information and technical expertise to just another yammerfest on the net.

The other day I received a PM with something like "This site has changed, I think you know what I mean." That was it. Nothing more. This from a perspective of years, not months. Yes indeed it has changed... I'm hoping we can reverse the current trend while still making this site "fun". I think we can. There is a plethora of serious talent on this site. Some have never posted and in the current climate they never will. I'm not talking about people who blow in here and make inflamatory remarks out of the clear blue and make statements as to why they've never posted here, I'm talking about the real deal. Those guys wouldn't currently waste a nanosecond blowing in here to post anything whatsoever. I know that I have spent an insane amount of time and effort trying to provide all manner of information, support, and product to those who have a real interest in such things. At this point I have to ask "Why? What the hell was I thinking?"

I'm not going to elaborate, to do so would mean I could leave this post up for about five nanoseconds before deleting it. - This site has the potential to explode in the coming months. The wealth of real, factual, technical and historical information here is already staggering. The very companies who created the information now come here to reference that information. I would imagine it could increase by an order of magnitude.