Thread: email notification

email notification

My email notification dosent seem to be working much this week. Just today I had several replys to my posts but never recieved email notification. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks;

Doug

There are no problems with notifications to my knowledge. The most common issue with loss of forum mail regards spam blockers. Many blockers treat automated emails as spam by default. As a suggestion, check your junk mail folder to see if the notices are ending up there.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

thanks

Thanks Don

The problem was actually solved the day after I posted. I should have posted that fact, but as nobody replyed, so I had forgotten about it till you replied to it a week later, sorry

I'm not sure what the problem was for sure??? I went into " edit options ", it showed that "instant email notification " was selected, so before I closed off of that I just clicked on " save changes " and it started to work again....go figure. It's been OK ever since.

I have 2 email accounts, one is a hotmail acct but I don't usually use it as I only got it because of MSN Messenger. For my primary account my email client is " outhouse express ", and no I'm not using a spam blocker at present.

Doug

Thread Information