Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surrounding glue type?

Hehehe, from no answer to info overload!
    O.K thanks alot for all the super-informative answers, as well as the excellent links. The fact is I really did not thought about the search function at all(stupid me). However, the speaker I want to treat is not a JBL, its a Tannoy HPD monitor and the fact is I do have the original reconing kits containing the complete assembly of cone, voice coil, spider and foam all in one piece(assembled). Meaning I just have to bolt down the spider centered and then glue down the foam and secure it with the ribs oround the chassis lips. I searched for the proposed glues and had no luck as the numbering system is different over here, but I think I am going to use some water soluble wood glue just to be on the safe side, as tannoy says no glue is needed!?

Tannoy?

We been HAD!!!

Tannoy HPDs ?

Yep , we've been had ,,, but HPDs are very nice sounding speakers . A cousin has a pair .
    I wish I had some / but then ,,,, I have a speaker collecting problem .

Panos, here's a link to the "unofficial" Tannoy site for some advice on reconing/refoaming the HPD models .
    - I'll assume you have this link already bookmarked / but others may not and may wish to add it to their address book.

Since Tannoy uses a clamping system at the rim making glue unncessary. If you feel compelled to use some , I would look to use the more flexible glue types such as the one that John ( from Winnipeg ) mentioned in one of the links. Or even some of the more "temporary" types ( as mentioned by Gordon W in some thread, somewhere back there ) .

I believe that even the white woodworking glue is overdoing it, when a rim incorporates a " two part clamping system" .

GordonW works with Tannoys / maybe he'll weigh in .

Thread Information