Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo I posted the other day

Photo I posted the other day

This is the one again...........this is a fairly well known system in France, reference to it pops up on the high efficiency forum now and then. Since this version, he has been through a few more setups. This system was said to consist of mostly JBL drivers (including, if I recall, in the sub cabinets behind the mains). Anyone remember the link or know what the specific drivers were?? Mr. Hamel?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Then I believe this setup was next. Poor guy. Wonder what he did with the old one..............

Stunning! Beautiful in a gold guilt sort of fashion.

I really doubt they reproduce music at a level commensurate to their cost however. All those high frequency wave forms adding and canceling each other will undoubtedly create quite an imaging nightmare.

Where did you come across these images?

Sometimes when I see something neat/wild/cool I save the image. These photos are either from the HE forum or from the owners website itself, cant't remember which. Here is the basement room and amp racks!!
    Many of the photos I have are too high of resolution to post here. Need to figure a way around that. Just link it I guess.

"Many of the photos I have are too high of resolution to post here. Need to figure a way around that. Just link it I guess."

If you have Photoshop or another image processing application you can easily resize an image that way.

By all means please post these... I wish wish they were someone's attempt at humor, but I fear they are the result of more available cash than knowledge.

Sometimes less is more!

I don't really want to resize, do I? I want the same size, just lower resolution for smaller byte size??!!

MBB

"I don't really want to resize, do I? I want the same size, just lower resolution for smaller byte size??!!"

I've gone round-and-round on this myself... I even tried taking lower resolution pics, and also doing all the "winky" stuff in Photoshop or Olympus' "Camedia".

Lately, with everything I've been posting, I shoot 'em at 5 MegaPixels, and in lowly old MS Paint, merely resize - using the "Image/ Stretch/Skew" option - typically going 25% each on horizontal and vertical. That maintains the aspect ratio, and files are usually sub 60 kBytes.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

If you resize to the size of these posts and convert to 72 dpi it will be fine.

In Photoshop you use the "image size" window. It is very simple.

I have Microsoft Photo Editor, and I know I can change the size, but I don't see where I can change the DPI.....
    MBB

TimG

Here is the link you requested

http://dan.bellity.online.fr/jyk/

He seems to have a lot more money than knowledge of acoustics. I think he would be better served by hiring a professional engineer like Drew Daniels to come in and design a system for his room rather than just throwing together a collection of the most expensive parts that he can find.

... Wow!!!

Thanks for the link.

I have heard several of the amps, associated electronics, and drivers he is using. They are all wonderful. Too bad he is using all of them together.

I agree that at this expenditure level hiring a professional would be a rather insignificant expense, but he like us, probably derives a lot pleasure from doing it himself.

Originally posted by mikebake
    I have Microsoft Photo Editor, and I know I can change the size, but I don't see where I can change the DPI.....
    MBB
    Just set the size somewhere between 500 and 800 pixels wide, and that will be good for most peoples screen size. To see the size as it will be displayed on the web make sure that the zoom in your image editor is set to 100 percent. When you save your image, it is a good idea to set the jpg image quality somewhere in the middle of the scale.

Hmmm, I'll have to mess around with it..........in the MEANTIME, someone HELP this lady...she's being bombarded by tiny speakers.....

And some more......here is a setup of Bill Martinelli's from last year; JBL CS3115 (Cinema Series) on top of his beautiful custom cabinets housing 2245's.

Originally posted by mikebake
    Hmmm, I'll have to mess around with it..........in the MEANTIME, someone HELP this lady...she's being bombarded by tiny speakers.....
    ... and then the whole thing starts spinning around, and she gets transported off to the alien planet...

Regards,
    Gordon.

Thread Information