Thread: Crest Cpx900 - Qsc Rm850

Question Crest Cpx900 - Qsc Rm850

HELLO

Did anyone try those amps or equivalent in price 400.00 euro , I knwo the cpx got a 150 hz subwoofer ourput .
    I ma searching a amp for this budjet .( 434x or 250Ti)

Gerard

Butch Adams

Qcs Rm850

I'm currently using the RM850 to power the bottem end of my 4333's, along with my DBX X-over and Yamaha PS 2050 I'm happy with it for now.
    The QSC replaced my beloved HK Citation 19 upon it's death. I also have one of the Crown CE series, I like the QSC better only because it uses less rack space (they sound almost the same albeit the Crown has better spec's).
    Bang for the buck, I'll give you that, QSC RM Series or Crown CE Series amps.

Question phonic max 860

thank you butch

do you know also the phonic max 860 : cost 250.00 euro ????

Butch Adams

Amps

No, I have not heard of that brand.

RIP 2009
    While in general I really like hi-end Crest amps, (I have several), the Crest CPX is their low-end series. 20 - 20K distortion is only rated at -10db below full power, and full power distortion is only given from 20 - 2K! Note what the CPX series is recommended for, and note what's missing:
    ----------------------
    Quality sound for:
    • Rock bands
    • Churches
    • Mobile DJs
    • Clubs and restaurants
    • Corporate A/V
    • Cruise ships
    • Theme parks
    • School auditoriums
    • Hotel ballrooms
    • Conference centers
    • Rental systems
    • Trade shows
    • Museums and libraries
    ----------------------
    The CPX series may be alright for non-critical listening, but due to the way they spec it, I think you may find it lacking for discerning listening, especially with the speakers you're proposing. I also believe the CPX is made in China, unlike their more expensive American models.

John

Hi Johanec

what would you recommand for under 400.00 $ budget ?

regards

Gerard

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard
    what would you recommand for under 400.00 $ budget ?
    I'm not really too familiar with what's sellng new in that range right now. Here in the states, I'd probably look for a used Crest CA-6 myself. Obviously, you have less good options at your location...

John

PSS AUDIO

What about a K1?

No, I am not advertising for this amp nor the brand!

I've got a QSC 1400, pretty much the exact same circuit design and specs as the 850, just in an older-design case and sheetmetal.

Indestructable amp, just not the end-all of bass authority, IME. Those amps are EXTREMELY well protected (you can literally touch speaker wires together while playing, and it will NOT blow up), but the unintended consequence of such protection, is that it "current limits" somewhat on extreme low end transients. Great amp for mid-highs, but not my choice for bass, in a discriminating application. Currently, I'm going to be using my 1400 as the mid-high amp (running JBL 4612s) in a bi-amp setup, with a JBL 6260 on subs (15" Eminence Delta Pro baskets with foam-surround, 4-ohm cone kits)... that should definitely do the job. 200w/ch on the 4612s, 300w/ch on bass...

Regards,
    Gordon.

Thread Information