Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System featuring 4313B's

System featuring 4313B's

Hi all,
    Here is one of my smaller secondary rigs, featuring the 4313B's. I just relaced the 066 tweeter in the left speaker. I'm using a PB12 sub to augment the low end of the 4313B's. The 4313B's seem to be pretty popular in the forum, and I can see why...they are clean, sweet and accurate. When I bought my L220's in 1982, I always said that one day I'd have a smaller system with L96's. I just knew the L96 would be a nice little speaker, I gather it was based on the 4313B. So, when I saw the 4313B's on eBay, I snatched them up. I'm glad I did!

Best to all,

Peter M.

Edit: Note, the 4313B with the new 066 tweeter is the (left) one with Lady Liberty on top. The right speaker's 066 tweeter I hope to one day replace as well, mainly for cosmetic reasons...it's missing some of the silver vapor coating. This can be seen in the photo of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Wow, Peter - nice set-up!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

I've never used the 4313B with a sub - I've always been mightily impressed with the LF capability of the LE-10H in that cabinet. Whoa... Such a remarkable improvement from the contemporary L100's!

What is the brand of EQ you have over there? Looks kinda cool...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Now that is a nice second system!!!!!

Soundcraftsmen

Thanks Bo,

The equalizer is a Soundcraftsmen RP2215-R. I have two of these, the other one is on my main system in the living room. I have four systems in all, and they all have Soundcraftsmen equalizers. The other two are model RP2212's. I have always liked the Soundcraftsmen eq's. And, I have a spare one as well-that one is a more basic RP2204.

Were you referring to the LF driver in the PB12 or the 4313B? The 4313B uses the LE-10H Low frequency driver. It does quite well and is very clean, but it has its power limitations, so I added the PB12 to give the system a bit more headroom and punch. It sounds pretty nice, though I am sure the PB12 could be improved upon to do the 4313's more justice. (Hmmmm...maybe a B380??..lol)

Best regards,

Peter

That would be a nice main system. I too have always been a fan of the L96 and 4313B. I think they were some of JBL's best all around speakers regardless of size. They really sound good when you elevate them off of the floor.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer
    Now that is a nice second system!!!!!
    Thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by pmakres1
    The 4313B uses the LE-10H Low frequency driver. It does quite well and is very clean, but it has its power limitations...
    I think that's what I said... Too many Threads - so few brains... Where's that damned Giskard!!

Never used that EQ. Love the aesthetics of the arrangement - nicely done.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Working on stands

Quote Originally Posted by mike
    That would be a nice main system. I too have always been a fan of the L96 and 4313B. I think they were some of JBL's best all around speakers regardless of size. They really sound good when you elevate them off of the floor.

Mike
    I'm working on some stands for the 4313B's..they will be clones of the stands that JBL used to offer for the L100's. They don't raise them a great deal but they do slant them upward about 7 degrees as well as raising them a few inches. I building from the plans that are here on the site, if you search under the L100 you can find it. I just picked up the walnut for them today. If you even just slant the 4313's up a bit using books, you can hear a nice improvement. I used to have a pair of the stands but when I sold my L100's in 1982 to buy my L220's I let the stands and the speakers go for $350...now I see that recently those stands sold for almost $300 on eBay!! That's okay, my clones will be just as nice...I'm looking forward to finishing them. The only difference will be the JBL logo that was burned into the front of the vintage stands. But, I can get some badges on eBay or somewhere and use those....

Thanks again and best regards,

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    I think that's what I said...

Never used that EQ. Love the aesthetics of the arrangement - nicely done.
    Dang!! I knew I should have used the quote feature...I could have SWORN you said 128H...!! Thanks on the aesthetics, I built the furniture for the stuff, I built it along the same lines as I did in my main system, just smaller scale.

Thanks again,

Peter

Nice set-up you have there!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    Nice set-up you have there!

Rob
    Thanks Rob!

I detect a lot of custom fixtures and furnishings in your pictures, apparently well made with attention to detail. I would love the time to spend on woodworking, but so much competition for time. How do you work it in, Peter?

David F

Steve Gonzales

Yup!

Well done Sir! I wouldn't expect ANYTHING less from you.

Thanks guys!

Steve, David..

Thanks very much!

Peter

Hey Peter perfect job!

I too use (among other JBL's ) 4313B clones. I love them but second your opinion that despite of the perfect job the LE10's doing a bit more punch would be good.
    At the moment I'm working on a sub with twin mighty 2203H drivers. This will be fun.
    Where do you crossover? Do you use the 4313B fullrange?

Thread Information