Thread: 2360/A7 hybrid project

2360/A7 hybrid project

Finally getting around to starting the ALTEC A7/2360-2445 project. Thanks for to all for the advice on time alignment.

Took a while to get the horn mounts like I wanted them but the prototypes are finally finished. Loosely based on the JBL 2506B mount I put these on a sled in order to be able to move the horn up to 5 inches before or after the 416 voicecoil on the 416 in the A7. Also the horn can be moved 30 degrees above or below parallel. Hopefully can get a good time alignment without going to a digital.

Right now have the A7/2360-2445J/2405 hooked up to my trusty N333 crossover. Got to start somwhere.

Besides equalizing the 2360, I also found I needed to bring up the 416 in the 50hz to 100hz region to acheive somewhat of a balance in the sound.

Thanks to Mr Widgets advice I am in the process of gettin Clio lite to help with the measurements and design.

Now to scratch my head and butt to see if I can come up with a decent crossover to get the best out of this combination. Any help or advice as always would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

pelly3s
    great looking setup i alway loved the 2360, I'm trying to cone a theater that has a pair to give them to me for next to nothing they are just sitting there collecting dust.

kandinsky
    Hi, i'm interesseted in a well working xover for the 2360 with 2441 or TAD 4002 and a 2405. xover for the 2360 should be 600Hz.

thanks a lot

kandinsky

Thread Information