Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Large Format Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv View Post
    oh goodness..... another Altec "holy grail"
    If I were a betting man, I would wager that the "experimental" diaphragms were Symbiotics. I believe that their introduction dates from that era.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Hi Michael,

thanks for all the fascinating information you've posted so far.

since you had such an intimate relationship with Fostex, I wonder if you could give me some information about the Fostex 600? A friend of mine has one that doesn't seem to be working and I'm wondering about its overall sound quality, construction and potential. ALso, if you had any phtos, brochures or schematics in case we really need to get into it, I would be grateful.

Did you ever get any response from your Australian contact about the Fostex T825 diaphragms? I recently viewed an auction for a couple of T825's in Europe, boy they are going for quite a bit. There are also some L series woofers which are showing up from time to time here in California and elsewhere. Hmmmm....

BTW, what is the relationship with ACR (swiss) and Fostex?

Thank much and if you think this is of interest in the Monitor thread, I can post it there.

Regards,

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Hello has all,
    I have material fostex for a very long time and also some original Japanese documentation and a catalogue in English.
    The diaphragms T725, T925, are not the same ones.
    Regards,
    Stefano

Hello,
    1st part catalogue
    Attached Images Attached Images

second part

third part and finish,but i have more datasheet:L475,W400,D506,T725etc...
    Regards
    Stefano

Hi Vita,

Welcome to Lansing Heritage and thank you so much for the Fostex information. Great to see the information regarding such interesting and generally well regarded competition to JBL products. Please continue to send more as you can.

Do you have specific information on the model 600 Lab Standard amp?

Regards,

Bart

Hello mech986,thank you
    I have already considering, but ever heard, I know more the loudspeakers, if you go on Fostex USA, support, product information, you have the owners manual A300-600 and sometimes on ebay Germany they are sold. I think that the Germany was the largest market in Europe for Fostex. ACR Switzerland and Germany were the first at the beginning of the Eighties proposed kit with the components Fostex and then they have create their own label, but it is of Fostex for all the purposes.
    Regards
    Stefano

Quote Originally Posted by vita View Post
    Hello mech986,thank you
    I have already considering, but ever heard, I know more the loudspeakers, if you go on Fostex USA, support, product information, you have the owners manual A300-600 and sometimes on ebay Germany they are sold. I think that the Germany was the largest market in Europe for Fostex. ACR Switzerland and Germany were the first at the beginning of the Eighties proposed kit with the components Fostex and then they have create their own label, but it is of Fostex for all the purposes.
    Regards
    Stefano

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for the information. After I had a chance to look at your catalog pages, the amplifier A600 model designation was clear and I found the manual as you had pointed out on the Fostex USA site. Thanks.

Interesting history of Fostex/ACR in Europe.

Bart

Hi vita ( Stephano )

- Thanks for posting the pdfs for the 1984/5 Fostex "all product" catalogue .

- I'd be very interested in seeing you post pdfs for the single product tech sheets that you possess ( especially the W400 & L475 woofers ).

regards <. Earl K

Hello, I intervened on this tread because these large Fostex loudspeakers are impressive and rare, thank you with michaelg for these images.J'espčre that these documents does not disturb anybody on LH. If michaelg still has documentation that would be interessant.

Driver.
    If somebody has an address for diaphragm, I am interrested, because it is very difficult to find them.

No comment on these old-fashioned thing?, and yet its still functions, I does not make the long ones phrases because I speak only French or Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by vita View Post
    No comment on these old-fashioned thing?
    Hi Stefano,

You have more awareness of the Fostex equipment than most people on the forum who own and are more familiar with Lansing products.

I have only seen the high end Fostex equipment on a few Japanese websites, and some U.S. sites that focus on their smaller, full-range drivers.

Rest assured there is plenty of interest in the material you have generously shared, but most of us aren't informed enough about Fostex to add any intelligent comments (Michael Gillespi excepted)

Your posts are helping to fill that gap,

Thank You!
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Glen, thanks for popping this thread back up ( where it caught my attention ) .

Quote Originally Posted by vita
    No comment on these old-fashioned thing?
    - I own some Fostex T945N ( bullet style tweeters ) that I like quite well. They are a bit softer sounding than the comparable JBL 2402 and as a result , I think they are more listenable .

- Stephano, thanks for posting those pdfs ( including the Japanese language cut-sheets ).

- I know that I for one would like to see any of the english language cut sheets on the studio or pro woofers ( called "Technical Report(s) and usually printed with black & blue inks ) . This literature is now quite rare since Fostex Pro ultimately failed to penetrate the North American market and ultimately closed down this division .

<> Earl K

Thread Information