Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL L100t

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by bigyank
    I am actually going to check out a pair of these soon. Per the seller, the woofers had the surrounds redone and the cones "treated" whatever that means. Saw 1 pick (looked very clean as far as I could tell) but awaiting some high res ones.

Does anyone here have any experiences (good or bad) toward this speaker? With my current electronics (Adcom GFA-5800 amp/GTP-450 preamp combo), I was not at all pleased with the sound presented when I coupled them with a pair of Klipsch Heresy I's (1985 vintage). Also, good price range for pair this clean.

Are these SS friendly? Not ready to get into tube gear at this point !

John
    John:

I've said it here before, and I'll say it again: In their price range, the JBL L100T is the most underrated speaker ever produced by JBL. It blows me away how cheap you can pick these up on Ebay. I bought a set from CMC Stereo in St. Louis when they were going out of business in 1988 ($560 new for the "demo" pair... everyday price was $499 each). The only bad thing I can say about them is the quality of the veneer used is horrible. It will bubble and peel off. I got the large format monitor bug (4343, 4430) a while back and something had to go. Because the cabs looked so bad, I gutted it and sold the components. A few pieces went to fellow LH members. The cabinets went to the dumpster.

At an average of $300 used, there's nothing on the market that will even come close to the performance of the L100T.... GO FOR IT!!

This message comes from JBL Dog

One issue is I cannot figure out dimensions of the cabs! Downloaded owners, etc from JBL but nadda! Anyone got the HxWxD on these speakers?

John

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by bigyank
    One issue is I cannot figure out dimensions of the cabs! Downloaded owners, etc from JBL but nadda! Anyone got the HxWxD on these speakers?

John
    The dimensions for the L100T3 are on this site. There shouldn't be any difference between that and an original L100T.

http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ies/page07.jpg

Dimensions: 36.5" x 16" x 13.25 ( H x W x D )

Attached Images Attached Images

Earl K thanks a lot!

John

Saturday is the day! I have to drive 2+ hours each way Saturday to get them but I am excited!!!

John

I got them! 375 miles round trip!

Cleaned up the veneer with some lemon oil, man were they dry. Actually got a tremendous amount of dirt off and now they look sweet! Hooked them up to my Adcom rig (GFA-5800 & GTP-450) and all right! I love the sound. WAF okay since the walnut finish matches the decor as well.
    Yank

RIP 2009
    Congrats! I think the L100T's are definitely one of the best sounding smaller JBL's!

John

Been living with them now for the better part of a week. Have them in a 10 foot wide 16 foot deep room (carpeted) about 2.5 feet forward from the back wall and 8 feet apart.

I like them, my wife actually said she likes them and since I listen to mainly live recordings (some store bought, some are amateur audience), they rock

Yank

Only problem now is I had to part with these:

http://home.comcast.net/~jklorenzon/images/P4120080.JPG

Hopefully will be meeting the buyer this weekend!

Nice picture, what are they?
    BTW, I have L100T's too and like them a lot.
    Bob

[QUOTE=Boss96]Nice picture, what are they?
    Bob[/QUOTE

Klipsch, I believe.
    Out.

bobkat2

JBL L100T

I have had a pair of these speakers for 20 years now and still love them. Might sell them though and purchase something a little more compact for a smaller room. I hate to give up sound quality though. What price do you think I would have to pay for like quality in a more modern compact speaker system? I have a good sub woofer(JBL12PB)...so I can afford to focus on mid and higher frequencies.

Also, my JBL L100Ts are in like new condition. Never had a problem with the light teak or walnut finish...humidity of room must have been just right year round. WHat do you think I could sell them for and where?

Thanks in advance.

I just joined this forum and had to chime in.
    I bought a pair of L100t's back in the 80's. Still have them. Love them to death. I power them with a Kenwood M2A amp. The combo is clean and strong.
    Gotta agree about the veneer on them. Definitely not the best materials.

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzdad
    I just joined this forum and had to chime in.
    I bought a pair of L100t's back in the 80's. Still have them. Love them to death. I power them with a Kenwood M2A amp. The combo is clean and strong.
    Gotta agree about the veneer on them. Definitely not the best materials.

Welcome to the forum. Nice amp for the L100T's.

Since this thread popped up again I will add that I bought a second pair of L100t3's last weekend. Only $200 from the original owner. I could swear that He had tears in his eyes. He knew what he was loosing, but the wife was "tired of those big eye sores".
    4406, 4412A, L100, L100t3 (3 pair), L1, L7, 4645C, 4660A, 4695B, SR4735 and various DIY JBL Pro loaded systems.

Thread Information