Thread: L 250 Ti Value

Rafael

L 250 Ti Value

Hi all,

I´ve the chance to buy a pair of L 250 TI´s from a friend. The condition is rather o.k., there are some dents and scratches, the surroundings of the woofers have been refoamed. Since there are many owners of this speaker in this forum, I hope you could help me and tax the value.

Thanks in advance,

Rafael

Hi!

I bought my '88 250 ti's a year ago for 1650 euros. They are in good condition with some small dents on the base edge of the cabinets. Here in Sweden we don't have as many of them as You do in Germany so you should be able to get a better price.

Regards: Jakob

Rafael
    Thank you,

I think I will buy them because the price seems to be o.k. You know: I want to RESCUE them from the ugly and dusty place where they are mistreaded by the some high-end nuts who believe in sonic progress with their typical small size speakers...

Regards,

rafael

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael
    they are mistreaded by the some high-end nuts who believe in sonic progress with their typical small size speakers...

Regards,

rafael
    Q: How many small speakers does it take to match the power and depth of a large speaker?

A: ZERO, becasue they will NEVER match the large speaker.
    Out.

Steve Gonzales

Go on with your bad self!

That's a big 10-4 good buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael
    Hi all,

I´ve the chance to buy a pair of L 250 TI´s from a friend. The condition is rather o.k., there are some dents and scratches, the surroundings of the woofers have been refoamed. Since there are many owners of this speaker in this forum, I hope you could help me and tax the value.

Thanks in advance,

Rafael
    I'd put the price on a set of fixer-upper L250's at about $1000 US for the pair. If the drivers are all OK and it's just the cabinet that needs work, maybe as high as $1400.

jblnut

I paid $1800 for a near mint pair of 250Ti's recently. I've seen them go for less and I've seen them go for a little more. The key thing with 250Ti's is not the price so much but actually being able to find a pair. I think that the 250Ti is in many ways the ultimate JBL speaker.
    Mike

dieterj
    Yes, i think the same about the 250ti, when connect the monster with a good Amp.
    I've enough Power with my Crown Ref 2

250Ti

I've had mine in the living room for a good many years now. Since these are teak and our furniture is also teak the wife factor is very high! She loves the looks and wants them to stay where they are. We power ours with a McIntosh 352!

I've found that most people including women are usually pretty impressed with how a pair of 250Ti's look. All of the Ti series speakers are great.

By the way, did JBL ever make any 250Ti's in walnut or oak? The shipping cartons for my 250Ti's have three finishes listed on them; teak, walnut and oak. Of course teak is checked off on the list. I thought that only the L250 was available in these other finishes.

Mike

Thread Information