Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay issues

Man that is the truth! The more I go out of the way to mark the box fragile the more chance it was of arriving broken.

FAYI (for all your information) - I have it from reliable sources that the Post Office actually uses Fedex to ship their packages.

They're not part of the Govmint any more u know.
    40+ years of sacrifice...and for what???

majick47

Bubble wrap and Even More Bubble Wrap

Recently received a audio rack made of heavy guage steel. The seller did little to protect the contents and the cardboard box had a large hole in the side made by the contents shifting. Fortunatly their was no noticable damage but a generous amount of bubble wrap would of protected the contents. I purchased an identical rack from another seller and spent well over an hour unwrapping all the contents. From experience most sellers will do a very good job of packaging but it doesn't hurt to remind them to bubble wrap and double box for the trip with FedEx or UPS. I routinely check the feedback comments on Ebay sellers to see if they have had problems with packaging and make this a part of my decision to bid on an item.

Yes, the Packing Methodological Protocols (PMP )are pretty straightforward:

A. Box item in a close fitting cardboard box (double wall cardboard if available). I have made MANY custom-to-fit boxes myself - is really easy once you learn how to make them - just requires tape measure, staightedge, carton knife, philips screwdriver, some glue, and tape. Surplus refrigerator, washer/dryer boxes (appliance dealers throw them out all the time) are great for FREE material. Or contact a local box maker in your area - you can probably purchase new sheets of cardboard from them inexpensively.

B. Pack this box inside of a larger box (same or stonger wall) with at least 1-2" of space all around (more for heavier/larger items) - use sheet styrfoam or cardboard sheets for filler. Reinforce/extra protection at edges and corners.

Hey Zilch - I wanna read this book of yours - your link dinnit take me to where I cood!
    40+ years of sacrifice...and for what???

Thread Information