Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weighing in on a few issues, L220 and B460

Foam company address correction

John,
    My apologies on that web address. The address does not have the "h" in the spelling. When I did the search on Google I spelled it "Technifoam" and it returned the closest thing to it, and I didn't notice. Try this link:

http://www.tecnifoam.com

My thanks to all on the nice comments on my system...I have some cool upgrades in my plans but I'm not working at the moment so they'll have to wait..this fun stuff costs $$$!!

Best regards to all,

Peter

Thanks that works much better.

mrbluster
    Hi Peter, Your set-up is an inspiration. A couple of questions regarding the addition of the B460. How are you crossing over to the mains? Are you using a Bx63 or something else? I see you have your Sub in the middle. Do you think this is best, and critical to proper integration?

Glad to have your aboard.

Mrbluster

Crossing over and placing the B460

Thanks very much...yes I am using the BX63 unit to cross over my B460. You'll see it in the 1st photo, in the lower left side (upper shelf) of the equipment center, sitting on top of the SAE 5000 Impulse Noise reduction system. The only drawback that I have seen to the BX63 is that is pretty much rules out my connecting the MAC amplifiers in a fully balanced (XLR connector) configuration. But I am very sure (beyond ALL doubt) that the advantage gained by having the B460 FAR outweighs this issue. Some JBL'ers have picked on the little AC-adaptor style power supply that the BX63 uses. I was a bit surprised by this myself when I got mine. I'm not sure why JBL chose not to put it all in one package. (noise isolation?) But once again, the incredible performance and headroom improvement gained through the use of the B460 overrides this puzzling aspect.

As for the placement of the B460, it may not be critical to place the sub centrally between the mains, but I believe it is desirable to centrally locate it, if possible. I designed my system center with this in mind, and in listening to the system, I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Thanks again and best regards,

Peter

Thread Information