Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Won A Pair Of 4435's On Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Andrew
    L
    Has anyone experienced denial of service attack ? The week before a 4331 pair was on e-Bay. I was the highest bidder for 6 days on $500 so my e-mail address was known to all. In the last 7 minutes of the auction I was unable to get a higher bid through and they eventually went for $920. My network icon was going crazy although I wasn't sending or receiving anything apart from trying to get e-bay to accept my bid of $1000.

Consequently I no longer make a bid until the last 5 minutes.
    An email address would not be enough for them to launch DOS unless it was from a server you operate and you had a single point of presence on the internet that they could determine from the MX record and whois.net.

The secret to winning on eBay truly is to keep your money in your pocket until the last minute. Toss maximum buck at the end when there just is not enough time for anyone to raise it. You might pay more but you'll win and not pay everything.

It goes against human nature to wait like this. We want to own the item and we want it now. This is why eBay hates side deals and tries to prevent them. Everytime I have tossed a bid even 30 minutes before the close I have been screwed, either by paying too much or losing to some jackass that came out of nowhere. I am after an item that ends 9:30 PM this Monday night, I will bid no earlier than 9:25 if I bid at all.

Forget about finding something for nothing. 5 billion people are looking at eBay every second and items sell for what they sell. Benefits sellers, makes monkeys out of buyers.

If it is any consolation when you loose an auction you still have your money. A few hours later you may realize you don't need the item after all.

Upon winning, I am always reassured by the knowledge that 5 billion others didn't think it worth as much as the Zilchster did....

jtgyn

Hmmmmm

G'Day Mick,
    Did you send the monitors back? I am being offered these on a

"This is a SECOND CHANCE OFFER for the item titled " JBL STUDIO MONITOR SPEAKER SYSTEM "(Item# 7305310325 )."

I smell a rat...

Regards Scott

I got the same message, but they are sitting in my lounge room right now. I am a little dissapointed though, after some closer inspection I noticed the surrounds are starting to rot. I got back onto the seller, as he started that they were in perfect order. He has agreed to pay for new foams and have them fitted. Jands has ordered the kits and advised me on who to do the job up here in brisbane. The amp was also dead on arrival, i didn't even bother saying anything to the seller about this, I just need to find someone around brisbane that can service craft amps.
    Mick........

jtgyn

Thanks

G'Day Mick,
    Yep, I thought so.

JANDS don't normally do foam kit.. just recones... that >$1000 worth of kits!

Regards Scott

a) I am slightly reconsidering my observations about JBL 15's being a little fuzzy at the top of their range when "asked to slog all the way up" to 1000cpsand I think a big part of 4430/4435 sounding right is the very solid LF performance. Every time I listen I think it seems that it this LF performance that ties it all together and makes them good. Change the LF weight and I think it would all change. Of course, that is just my latest theory...........

Mick,

Sorry to hear of the initial dissapointment, at least the seller is honourable enough to do the right thing.

I bought two items on Ebay recently, and nearly got fowled on both.
    One, the goods never arrived, the other only half the order.

I sent several messages to the sellers and nothing for over a week.

I then posted negative feedback and within hours they were talking to me and both were resolved.

It would appear regular traders value their positive feedback.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by mikebake
    a) I am slightly reconsidering my observations about JBL 15's being a little fuzzy at the top of their range when "asked to slog all the way up" to 1000cpsand I think a big part of 4430/4435 sounding right is the very solid LF performance. Every time I listen I think it seems that it this LF performance that ties it all together and makes them good. Change the LF weight and I think it would all change. Of course, that is just my latest theory...........
    I agree with the Lf performance of the4435's, as i removed the damaged drivers from my 4435's and so I still have something to listen to, I relaced them with a pair of e-145's I have. After eq adjustments were made I relised that e-145's don't cut it. The difference is light and day. Think I'll take up reading until the foam kits arrive. Jands says 3 weeks for the kits to arrive.
    hey Ian, have you got any idea on who services Craft amps in australia? I wonder if anyone in the forum has any experience with the kiwi made craft amps, and if its worth getting repaired. The model is C-3 1 kw output, I guessing 500 wrms per side.
    mick

I don't know anything about Craft amps, try a web search for local distributors.

Ian

jtgyn

Ask the guy that designed it

G'Day Mick,
    I seem to remember that the C3 was good for about 200W into 8 ohms.. but ask the guy that designed it...

[email protected]

Regards Scott

Thread Information