Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Won A Pair Of 4435's On Ebay

Won A Pair Of 4435's On Ebay

Hey guys, just won a pair of 4435's on ebay. I paid $3150au for them, and they came with a Craft C3 power amp rated at 1kw. They came out of a studio in Sydney, I can't wait to pick them up. My question is, will I enjoy them?
    I have owned a pair of 4350b's for a short period, how will these things compare?
    regards mike.

I am sure you will love them, ask John Nebel, he prefers the 4435's to his 4 way 4343 ..the next model down from the 4350.

Ian

Thanks ian, do you think the price is ok?, considering they came with an amp.
    Mick..

What condition are the drivers?

Ian

hey Ian, apparently the condition of these things are exellent. I had a mate look at them for me, and he said they looked like they were brand new to him. So hopefully they are ok. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.
    Mick.....

Do you still have the 4350's

I would go for it, all E Bay transactions hold some risk , just make sure they arrive in good order.

There are loads of members here who would be delighted to own a pair of 4435's, you are in safe hands.

Ian

Hi john, relationship departure saw the end of the 4350's.

Thanks Ian, I'm paying for them today. It's becoming an expensive hobby for me. I hope buying these things will satisfy all my needs, and can start to enjoy my music again. I'm just toying with how I'll get the things to Brisbane. Luckely they are in their original packing, so maybe IPEC is an option. I also got those Urei drivers and network coming from the U.S, I'm not sure what to do with all that gear now.
    Mick..............

Good Luck with them!! I think you will be happy

Rob

untitled

Quote Originally Posted by mick c
    .......I hope buying these things will satisfy all my needs, and can start to enjoy my music again. .................
    believe me....it's the beginning....not the end....

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp
    believe me....it's the beginning....not the end....

HP
    Definitely just the beginning.

Good luck.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

I hope I'm at the end of it guys, I turn 40 on Monday and this hobby has been a part of me since I was 18. I hate to think just how much I have spent over those years.

Like many on this forum I search every second day for a bargain priced pair of large JBLs which are located in Australia.

Every pair of 4435 I have found so far has missing grills, rounded corners, gouged cabinets, extra holes around the speaker rims, missing clamps, and multiple recones. The seller claimed your cabinets were without a mark and so I was going to bid to $3500. My wife was arguing priorities, etc, so we watched it slip through my fingers in those final few minutes. Getting the amp thrown in was a bonus.

Has anyone experienced denial of service attack ? The week before a 4331 pair was on e-Bay. I was the highest bidder for 6 days on $500 so my e-mail address was known to all. In the last 7 minutes of the auction I was unable to get a higher bid through and they eventually went for $920. My network icon was going crazy although I wasn't sending or receiving anything apart from trying to get e-bay to accept my bid of $1000.

Consequently I no longer make a bid until the last 5 minutes.

4350 vs 4435. Based on memories of 4350 of 25 years ago:

The 4350 has a bigger cabinet and you have to pass it off as a bookshelf.
    The 4350 sounds 'in your face'. It is sharp, harsh, and very very loud.
    The 4350 sounds crap if the hardware feeding it lacks quality and quantity.
    At full volume, the 4350 will deafen you and demolish the house.
    The 4350 is full of 'listener fatigue'.

The 4435 is a little smaller than a projection TV.
    The 4435 has smoother treble and much superior imaging.
    The 4435 sounds 'nice' with even a modest setup.
    The 4435 (unlike the 4350) does not 'slice the air' (lacks bite) and does not pressurise the ear canals (lacks 'blast').

The 4350 will entertain the neighbours (without having to ask them). The 4435 are for personal use and home theature.

Before you say I am full of crap, these are just opinions and should be read as such.

Sorry ken, your loss is my gain. I can't wait to get these things up here this week. Just to let you know my max bid was $5600.00au. I don't have a wife so my priorities are obvious. In any case, If you are ever on the gold coast you are more than welcome, as is anyone to share my listening treasures.The urei gear I got off Mike is hopefully on its way, and I've decided to make the enclosures to suit 2245's as the helper woofer. I sold a ute to the furniture manufacturer down the road, as part payement he is going to build the boxes for me.
    Mick...........

Thread Information